Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-16-2009, 09:00 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Sleeping through the night?

I have been pumping exclusively for the last 2+ months... But My LO is starting to take loong stretches at night, My question is... If I don't wake up and pump in the middle of the night, am I going to mess up my supply... or do you think I should have it pretty well established by now?

ETA: my LO one was 2 months on Oct. 7th,

Last edited by svgaedtke; 10-16-2009 at 09:02 AM.
svgaedtke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 01:54 PM   #2
Carolina Kel
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Sleeping through the night?

I was able to drop my middle of the night 2AM pump by 3 months - but I also pumped at 5, 8, & 11AM, and at 2, 5, 8, 11:30PM.

I would make sure that you are still getting at least 6-7 pumps in during the day before dropping a night pumping and not letting more than 6 hours go by between pumping at night to the day pumping.

Carolina Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 06:41 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

I don't pump except when I'm at work (2x a day, 3 days a week). My supply seems to have dropped since dd started sleeping through the night, however she is 9 months old and this coincides with a lot of solid foods. I would try to pump late in the evening and then early in the morning.
Brenda (WAHM), wife to Stephen, Mom to Drew (1/04), Luke (6/05) and Samantha (1/09) who's allergy has turned me into a Vegan Mama
massbb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:29 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

I would be careful dropping your night pumping. Is your supply pretty good normally, or do you have trouble keeping it up? I do about 80/20 (pump/bf). My supply has been pretty well an oversupply or at least a little over what he takes for a while now. Since my LO sleeps through the night most nights I vary about whether or not I get up to pump. But at the very least I pump at 10pm and 5:30am. It really depends on your supply. Trying it for a few nights to see whether or not your supply seems to do as well shouldn't hurt. Just don't let it get low before you try to get it back up. I find that for me, I usually pump in the middle of the night if I wake up just for my own comfort. I don't usually do a full pumping, just enough to take a few oz out.

You can probably drop it, just be careful. Another mama told me that your supply is not established completely until 12 weeks when you're EPing. Don't know how accurate that is, but I think it's better to err on the side of caution.

Good luck!!
Hadley, proud to be a wife to Wes (5/26/07), Catholic, natural birthing, BFing, Bedsharing, BWing, ERFing, WOHM, Master's student graduate, and mama to my loves, Emmitt(8/17/09) & Ellen Kate (9/22/11)
Adding a new little snow baby to our family Jan 2015
Help me earn more space on Dropbox!!
Ready2Bmommy is offline   Reply With Quote