Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-25-2007, 01:57 PM   #1
mrsbehaven007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
coughing ,runny nose, the works...* help needed *

what do you do when your children have it all ..but a fever... I checked their ears.. it looks kinda infected.. but not to the point that the ear drum is being pushed or anything.. and the throats are kinda swollen glands... I was just wondering if I should just bring them in.. or let them fight it out.. they are not crying.. just a little fussy ..and coughing sneezing... ( ages 4 , almost 3 , and 7mths )
and I just started making them wash their hands after every cough and sneeze... should I bleach all the toys and clean the house so it doesnt pass ...

WWYD... thanks mamaz

Advertisement

mrsbehaven007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 02:26 PM   #2
happyhomemom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: coughing ,runny nose, the works...* help needed *

I would wait it out if they are not miserable. Get a spray bottle and fill it up with 1 part bleach to 8 parts water and start spraying everything. Just lightly spray and let it air dry. It hopefully will stop spreading the germs. Praying your little ones feel better soon and you do not catch it.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:37 PM   #3
MamaLove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

A spoonful of honey with a few drops of lemon, or fresh squeezed lemonade with honey is always great to boost the immune system and sooth a cough.

Garlic is antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal. Add it to the food, and the more raw it is, the better.

Garlic oil is one of the best remedies for ear aches/infections. You can make it by pressing it into ice cold water, the oil rises to the top, collect with a dropper and drop into ears.

Hylands homeopathics have some cold remedies that are easy for kids to take, and I've found they work well.

Eucalyptus essential oil is great for clearing congestion, just add a few drops on a shirt, and in the shower or bath. It is also an alternative to bleach for sanitation. 5 drops in a little water sanitizes the air of 5 hours!

HTH! I hope they get well soon.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:00 PM   #4
mrsbehaven007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLove View Post
A spoonful of honey with a few drops of lemon, or fresh squeezed lemonade with honey is always great to boost the immune system and sooth a cough.

Garlic is antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal. Add it to the food, and the more raw it is, the better.

Garlic oil is one of the best remedies for ear aches/infections. You can make it by pressing it into ice cold water, the oil rises to the top, collect with a dropper and drop into ears.

Hylands homeopathics have some cold remedies that are easy for kids to take, and I've found they work well.

Eucalyptus essential oil is great for clearing congestion, just add a few drops on a shirt, and in the shower or bath. It is also an alternative to bleach for sanitation. 5 drops in a little water sanitizes the air of 5 hours!

HTH! I hope they get well soon.

wow!! Thanks... I usually cook with alot of garlic... but I cook it down so dh cant see it ..lol... Thanks for the info.. if you can think of anything else.. let me know.. Thank you VERY much mama
mrsbehaven007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 08:49 PM   #5
christinewith4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

sounds like either allergies or a cold.... its the weather change.....

try Benadril (sp)

or just salt water drops for the runny noses...
christinewith4 is offline   Reply With Quote