Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-22-2009, 09:28 PM   #1
ebony_vbac
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
tandem nursing / pumping question

im tandem nursing a 2yo and 2month old and work part time. when im at work i can pump enough for the next day depending on how long im working that day and how long my next shift is. but on my off days i cant pump cuz the toddler is nursing so often. her poop looks like a nb again. on sunday at work ipumped like 13 oz but ds accidentally froze it in the bottles and i didnt knopw what to cuz i needed the bottles so i fed it to the baby but he still nirsed as often soi still couldnt pump. long story short a friend with an abundant supply and a baby that hardly eats gave me a bunch of milk. but i dont knopw what to do i make her nurse after the baby and give her time limits and deny her etc. i cant find the motor for my ameda purely yours but i thought it was getting weak last time so i wanted to replace it i'm only using a medela hand pump so that's also hindering me from gettting tons of milk

Advertisement

Old 10-23-2009, 08:44 AM   #2
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: tandem nursing / pumping question

Can you get a different pump? Some insurances will cover it if you have a doctor's note and in light of the cold and flu season, it should be pretty easy to get a note. Worth a shot
Old 10-24-2009, 10:08 PM   #3
ebony_vbac
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

the lady whos coordinating the milk drive for the sick baby, dont know if i mentioned that, said she had a pump i can borrow and should have in within 2 weeks. what's your signature about? i banned candy from my house about a year ago and now were getting rid of high fructose corn syrup. i'm looking to see what artificial colors were getting to decide if i want to rid them also
Old 10-28-2009, 12:23 PM   #4
CEVmommy
Registered Users
seller

I am also tandem nursing and pumping for my baby while I'm at work. But I only pump at work, not when I'm home, so I haven't run into this kind of problem. I only let my toddler nurse twice a day now though, so that is different too.