Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-24-2007, 11:17 PM   #11
Tammy and Parker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Smile Re: Cysts on the brain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatoHHH View Post
Tammy - It looks like you're right. I hit medline to do some research. Apparently, my best friend's OB was confused
Well, I wasn't totally sure until I did some more reading.

We had a scare with Parker thinking it might have been T18, which isn't very compatible with life. But we got lucky and just got an extra chromosome on the 21st pair.

I don't know what I would do without the blessing of being able to have Parker in my life.

Advertisement

Tammy and Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:27 PM   #12
mom2kailinconnor
'Cuz inside out is wiggity wiggity wiggity whack!
seller

My Mood:
Re: Cysts on the brain

Shannon! I don't have any advice or experience but I do hope that everything turns out okay!
mom2kailinconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 05:40 PM   #13
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm not sure what spot their in on his brain. I am also not sure if those were the "indicators" of Downs or if her blood tests came back positive(and I know how inaccurate those can be anyway) But the good news is my brother said the cysts are disapearing. It was just scary becuase the mom to be has them and also has been having seiezures and stuff.

I would hope, but am not convinced that they would feel blessed even if he is born with DS. She very much doesn't want this baby anyway. She doens't want to get fat, she doesn't want to be tied down, she doesn't want a boy and is pretty upset that it isn't a girl after all. She's emotionally unstable(she's stabbed my brother twice). So I dont' know how they will do if this baby is less than "normal".

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 05:56 PM   #14
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

oh my! if she is that unstable then he needs to start prepping papers nwo to get sole custody of that baby, if she's stabbed him 2x, whos to know what she would do to a child she doesn't want which might possibly have a special needs
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 06:13 PM   #15
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wish it were that easy Sally I really do. They're "together" this week. Who knows about next. I wish someone could step in and do something but it won't be able to happen. She's young, she lives with her parents(who apparently have knock out drag out screaming fights daily) but are relatively wealthy and look good from the outside in. It's a terribly sad situation and now my brother will be somehow involved in it for the rest of his life. And I pray that for this baby's sake that she either just has a miraculous transformation the moment she seems him or that she lets him go for adoption to a family that can take good care of him(as much as that would hurt)

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:56 AM   #16
jandc_hammond
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Choroid plexus cysts are no longer considered a marker for Down Syndrome, however, they are very weakly linked to Edwards Syndrome (T18). If she is relatively young, the chances of the baby having T18 is less than 1%. Choroid plexus cysts normally resolve on their own and don't cause problems later in life. My DD had cysts on her 18 week ultrasound, but was born completely healthy. I did a lot of needless worrying throughout the pregnancy (I didn't want to have an amnio, which could have told us whether or not she did, in fact, have T18). Chances are, everything is fine.