Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-06-2006, 05:39 PM   #1
Kelolsen-and-Padawan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Happy Hempy's - am I supposed to boil them first?

Do they shrink over time? I have two larges I bought on here, used, and then I bought two large new ones. I prewashed the new ones and dried them in the dryer, but they seem bigger than the larges I bought used. Will they shrink up over time, or was I supposed to do something different to prep them?

thanks!

Advertisement

Old 06-06-2006, 08:27 PM   #2
*~Mindy~*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Happy Hempy's - am I supposed to boil them first?

i wouldnt boil them, the elastic wouldnt take that too kindly and i dunno about whatever closure taking it nicely either....

i know hemp fleece does shrink a little more over time, too. not like tons more after its been washed a couple times, but a tad more. you should wash them a couple more times before use, soo if that does it? id expect up to a couple inches total.

im funny like this- if i have more than 1 of something tat shrinks i only wash one ad see what the difference is lol. its really `interesting... `but maybe its`just cause im a dork
*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 08:29 PM   #3
mercy589
Registered Users
seller

I've done that before, like take two new Carter's onesies or whatever and just wash one and then see how much it shrunk. lol
mercy589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:01 PM   #4
jodi5
Registered Users

Mine shrunk quite a bit the first couple of washes. I think they barely fit before I washed so I probably should have sent them back right away but I thought maybe that was how they were supposed to fit and then I washed them and then the rise was too short after that. They probably will shrink some more with another wash and then start to stabilize.