Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-04-2009, 07:53 AM   #11
kocho
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anybody have a great recipe for spinach dip or something else fun to do for spina

Now I'm hungry for spinach dip!! lol just from reading the title!! Doesn't take much for me!!

Advertisement

My Avon Earn giftcards with Swagbucks My Blog - Change Jar Blog
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 07:56 AM   #12
ClothDiaperMePlease
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anybody have a great recipe for spinach dip or something else fun to do for spina

Quote:
Originally Posted by kocho View Post
Now I'm hungry for spinach dip!! lol just from reading the title!! Doesn't take much for me!!
hehehe, I was thinking the same thing yesterday.
The midwife considers the miracle of childbirth as normal, and leaves it alone unless there's trouble. The obstetrician normally sees childbirth as trouble. If he leaves it alone, it's a miracle.-Sheila Stubbs
ClothDiaperMePlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 07:58 AM   #13
kocho
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClothDiaperMePlease View Post
hehehe, I was thinking the same thing yesterday.
lol I'm all about the snacks!!

My Avon Earn giftcards with Swagbucks My Blog - Change Jar Blog
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:00 AM   #14
ClothDiaperMePlease
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Girl, I can't buy them, or I fight with DH over eating too many!! (Or rather eating them all before he gets them )
The midwife considers the miracle of childbirth as normal, and leaves it alone unless there's trouble. The obstetrician normally sees childbirth as trouble. If he leaves it alone, it's a miracle.-Sheila Stubbs
Old 11-04-2009, 12:32 PM   #15
Hands&Fire Pottery
Registered Users
Formerly: hello2000
seller

My Mood:

Sorry ladies- didn't mean to awaken any cravings

Thanks for all these wonderful ideas- I am going to have to find another sale on spinach now!
Hands&Fire Pottery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 03:10 PM   #16
ClothDiaperMePlease
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok, so this thread made me make spinach spaghetti for dinner
Old 11-06-2009, 06:20 PM   #17
marcosmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yeah, I have a craving now too - think I'm going to try doing a spinich artichoke dip minus the artichokes (I don't have any) right now!
Old 11-06-2009, 09:37 PM   #18
Nandis
Registered Users
seller
seller

Priest Chokers! It's work, but it's delicious!
Italian cuisine has plenty of recipes called strozzapreti, strangolapreti, strangulaprieviti and so on. They all hint at the fact that priests had (have) a reputation for being gourmands. Legend wants that some of them liked these dishes so much they ended choking themselves upon them. Plus, given the role the Church has always played in Italy, it was always expected for parishioners to be kind enough to present their priest with food presents. This probably did not always happen out of free will but more out of social pressure and dishes with such names were born. So don't be surprised if you've seen or made a similarly named recipe: there are many different ones, all traditional." From:
http://ilforno.typepad.com/il_forno/...s_dumplin.html

I usually make these vegan since I'm allergic to dairy, but I wrote this with "regular" ingredients for you. Enjoy!

2 c. Ricotta cheese
1 lb. fresh spinach (cleaned, trimmed, cooked, squeezed dry, and chopped)
OR a 10 oz. pckg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry (quick-thaw in microwave right in the box for 5 minutes)
1 c. unbleached flour
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. salt

freshly-ground black pepper to taste
pinch of freshly-ground nutmeg

Mix together all of the ingredients in a bowl. Cover and chill for an hour or more. Scoop spoonfuls of the mixture (about the size of a small walnut) onto a well-floured surface and then form into balls with floured hands. Place on floured cookie sheets and refrigerate until time to cook.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Drop the dumplings (about 10 at a time) into the boiling water and boil gently for about 4-5 minutes. Scoop them into a colander with a slotted spoon. Drain them and place them in a greased baking dish. Drizzle them with a 1/4 c. of melted butter, and sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake for about 15 minutes, then serve hot.
Nandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:46 PM   #19
Hands&Fire Pottery
Registered Users
Formerly: hello2000
seller

My Mood:

Yum... thanks for all the background too- I always love reading cookbooks that give a story with the recipe!
Hands&Fire Pottery is offline   Reply With Quote