Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-28-2007, 12:04 PM   #21
mom_of_3g_1b
Registered Users
seller

Re: Multiples moms?

I get so tired of the comments too. I really hate when the point and stare and whisper. I've started to say "yes they are triplets" and keep walking or I just look at them and roll my eyes. They usually get pretty embarrassed. The worst is when my son is upset about something and then all these people come up and want us to tell them all about the girls or when we are eating.

My girls are fraternal (no DNA tests though) and every say "Oh they look identical" and when we no they look at us like we are lying to them.

Does anyone find it hard in moms groups and stuff. When I first started going I only brought one of the babies and didn't mention I had triplets. Everyone was talking to me and chatting until the "leader" came in and told everyone. Then they all kind of stared at me like I had three heads and felt bad for complaining about their singles.

Advertisement

Old 03-28-2007, 12:56 PM   #22
twinsmomkatie
Registered Users
seller

My identical girls are 3 and my singleton son is 18 months.

We LOOOOVE it!
Old 03-28-2007, 01:07 PM   #23
Camellia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

All MOM's have my utmost respect! It is a hard job. I'm really glad I have twins, and triplets would have been a blessing too (I wouldn't wish for them though!).

My girls are MZ and 16 months. They both just started walking and climbing. Its so fun to watch

I also have an 8year old son, and a dd who will be 3 next month
Old 03-28-2007, 01:24 PM   #24
titania
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy21901 View Post
The comment that has annoyed me the most is "They don't look like twins".
yes!! i know what you mean! my boys are not ID, one has curly blonde hair, the other straight brown. one is about 4 lbs heavier. so pretty easy to tell them apart. but people INSIST on commenting on how they look! so we get 'are they identical?' (no, duh, just look at them), and then when i say 'no', they say, 'well, they kind of look alike' i jsut say, 'well, they are brothers!' don't most people look a little like at least one of their sibs???

oh, and once in the airport my dh was sitting with the boys (i was in the bathroom) when a man asked if they were twins. and my silly dh told that poor guy that no, they just had different mothers!

as for the mothers groups, i have only been to LLL, but the last meeting when i tandem nursed the boys (sitting in a folding chair!) one of the other moms was pretty impressed and made a comment about now having seen irl something that she has only seen in pics! it was really friendly though, i just don't know how to convey the tone through the computer!

is anyone a member of MoM? i contacted our local one, but i just didn't like the feel of it.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:47 PM   #25
Momma~O~Three
Registered Users

My Mood:

My DH worked 3rd shift until recently so if I needed something I had to do it with the girlies (The 1st 9mo or so I felt like a single mom who was fortunate enough not to have to work) I learned very quickly to avoid eye contact at all costs. They WILL move out of your way when a giant stroller is headed for their shins! My response to people's comments are in the form of my favorite t-shirts- "I fear NOTHING I have TRIPLETS!" & "One Baby!?! I laugh at your 'One Baby'!!" (I wear this one to the zoo frequently) Though I did get a lady that said -I fear FOR you when she read my shirt I like to mess with the people who ask things like are they triplets (or twins or one kid said they were quads). Once at the PO a lady asked that & I responded with- nah, I bought the stroller & the t-shirt ("I fear" one) then stole the kids from the grocery store. The guy behind the counter (he knows us) laughed his butt off but she was highly confused. I've had people ask me if my brunette (who looks exactly like me) is adopted, people ask if they're twins & singleton (because my biggest is 2lbs bigger than the smallest I guess?), if they're all mine (how often do you see people wearing babies that aren't theirs?). Yeah we get lots of comments, but now that we hardly ever use a triple stroller we get less & less. We have run into 3 other trip momma's lately at the store (kids 4 & older) who see me & say- triplets? shhhh, me too
We know my brunette is frat, different blood type, & I believe my other girls are frat too they look sooo different to me & I'm not willing to put up the $$ for a DNA test until one day I can't tell them apart. Strangers always assume my oldest is a boy because she's still a baldy but when I inform them they're all girls then suddenly she must be identical to her blonde sister
I just joined a local SAHM playgroup, I take all 3 with me. The other ladies are flabergasted by us! My MOM's group is all trips+ but I have yet to actually take the girls on an outting with them, next weekend will be our 1st -hopefully we play nice...
Old 03-28-2007, 01:50 PM   #26
Momma~O~Three
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by titania View Post
is anyone a member of MoM? i contacted our local one, but i just didn't like the feel of it.
Mom International? We just joined our local chapter. The ladies are nice, we've only been to 2 things so far.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:56 PM   #27
Manna00
Pinchin' pennies 'til they scream
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I"m not a MOTHER of triplets... I AM a triplet! Weee. I have two brothers... we're 26 years old. We are the only children (my mom had MANY m/c and gave birth to one baby who lived 10 days before having us).... my poor, dear mother... I ask her all kinds of advice and you know "when did we start walking?, when did we get teeth?"...etc... and she has NO idea... My father had to work 50 hours a week and we lived in a 2 bedroom apartment until we were 5... nuts!

Way to go, mamas!
Manna00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:51 PM   #28
sammy21901
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by titania View Post
yes!! i know what you mean! my boys are not ID, one has curly blonde hair, the other straight brown. one is about 4 lbs heavier. so pretty easy to tell them apart. but people INSIST on commenting on how they look! so we get 'are they identical?' (no, duh, just look at them), and then when i say 'no', they say, 'well, they kind of look alike' i jsut say, 'well, they are brothers!' don't most people look a little like at least one of their sibs???
I could have written this about my girls. They look nothing alike and one is slightly heavier than the other.

I haven't joined the MOM's group here. The meeting is at night and they discourage bringing your kids unless they are under a certain age. That just doesn't work for us.
sammy21901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:24 PM   #29
Tripletmomtx
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Triplet mommy here! Two girls and a boy almost 3! Hi mama!
Old 04-03-2007, 09:53 AM   #30
Momma~O~Three
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy21901 View Post
I haven't joined the MOM's group here. The meeting is at night and they discourage bringing your kids unless they are under a certain age. That just doesn't work for us.
That's how my MOM's group opperates too, but they have lots of activities each month (zoo trips, holiday parties, picnics, etc) for the family. The meetings are more of a 'mom's night out' kind of thing. I also joined my local International MoM's club, which is a SAHM group not a multiples group, they incourage bringing your kids to the meetings -those meetings are during the day & they also have outtings, playgroups, etc throught the month. http://www.momsclub.org/