Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-29-2009, 10:41 PM   #1
TooCuteTe
Registered Users
seller

Question Making Inserts???

I am hoping to make some new inserts to replace my MF BG inserts. I was wondering what your favorite fabric to use is and how many layers do you do for a normal insert. I do have a serger to do all the edgase with so I'm thinking it shouldnt be to hard.

Advertisement

TooCuteTe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:02 AM   #2
sbfrankie
Registered Users
seller

Re: Making Inserts???

Right now I have been using mostly bamboo (some I bought, some I made). We have hard water now so I'm shying away from microfiber and hemp. My little man is giving me fits at nighttime because I just can't seem to keep him dry. That's one reason I'm trying to use more bamboo. I've had some success 3 layers of fabric (bamboo french terry and/or bamboo double terry) in a mini-flat(?), maybe 15x15, serged with rounded edges. That way I can tri-fold it and stuff it in a large pocket. For daytime I like the Rainshine Designs, they're bamboo fleece, two layers serged together and sewn to another 2-layer just at the end (so two flaps). I like this design because I can put the loose ends at the front of his dipe and fold down one or both in his wet-zone. You could do something similar by just making a nice long bifold soaker, maybe 25-30 inches long and as wide as you need for your pocket. HTH

ETA: I have only tried making one soaker with Zorb but I'm going to try again. I tried BFT/Zorb/BFT/Zorb/BFT and my serger barely got it together! LOL! If I do Zorb I will just do individual inserts (BFT/Zorb/BFT) not one big monster. insert

Last edited by sbfrankie; 11-30-2009 at 12:04 AM. Reason: added more comments
sbfrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:55 AM   #3
TooCuteTe
Registered Users
seller

Re: Making Inserts???

bump
Thanks sbfrankie!
TooCuteTe is offline   Reply With Quote