Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-26-2009, 01:15 PM   #11
Koolio11
Registered Users

Re: Husqvarna Designer 1, Janome 9500 or 9700- any of these worth it?

OK. So, after placing a WANTED ad this time, someone else is offering a D1 but at more than double the price of the first one- although I DO know that the first one was a great buy now.
What's a fair price for a used D1? I am also being offered a used Babylock Ellageo... how to these two compare?

Advertisement

Koolio11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:42 PM   #12
Koolio11
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by coveredcaboose View Post
You know, I just went through a similar hunt. I found a designer se on ebay for 3000, it came with 25 extra feet, extra hoops etc. I am thrilled with it. I checked out the topaz and while it is a newer machine, it is actually less of a machine than the se. I am thrilled with my viking. I had a babylock for a few years after owning a viking 1+ and I will never leave viking again.
I hated the babylock with a passion.
I was revisiting this thread because I remembered you had found an SE for $3000 but wasn't sure on accessories, etc. Someone has replied to my wanted ad with an se also for $3000 with no accessories. There is also someone else offering a Designer 1 for about $1300. And, of course the new Topaz 30 at $2600. Other than screen size, what are the big differences between the Topaz and the SE? It's hard to tell without any comparison charts on the HV website.
On the other hand, since I've never even done any embroidery, I wonder whether I should stick with a lesser machine like the Designer 1 (that is much closer to my affordable price range- although it would be brutal to still be spending more than double the first Designer 1 that was posted a few weeks ago!)
Koolio11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 01:07 PM   #13
coveredcaboose
Registered Users

My Mood:

yes, you are right.
The designer has a fully editable screen, meaning all the stuff you would do on a computer, you can do right on the se screen.
The topaz cant do all that.
I found the se by watching the buy it nows on ebay, the good deals pop up at the end of the list. I watch them by ending soonest. So I decided to see what had the most time left.Am I making sense? Those with the most time left tend to be the newest listings. You might get a good buy it now that way. Dont be in a hurry, do as I say, not as i do. LOL
There is an se yahoo group. I skim it everyday. I have barely used mine, and the embroidery unit is still untouched, but the option is there! For that time when there are no fabrics to pack. LOL