Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-07-2006, 08:05 AM   #1
bettyboop3789
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question New to all of this...tons of question...where can you buy supplies to DIY diapers?

Hello All!!

I am new to the world of cding. I am having my first baby soon. I am going to try to cd him. I love to sew, so i am hoping to make my own. I think that I am going to go with Pockets....seems to be the easiest. I don't want to have to bother with covers, too. What are your favorites and why?

Also--do your children wear regular clothes over their cds? I've read that they are very thick. Is this the case?

Thanks for any and all advice and answers that I get!!

Amy

Advertisement

Last edited by bettyboop3789; 06-07-2006 at 05:08 PM.
bettyboop3789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 08:10 AM   #2
Watercolor Ponies
Professional, Proficient, PeeWell Procurer (or anything else you want me to stalk!)
seller

My Mood:
Re: New to all of this...tons of question...where can you buy supplies to DIY diapers

This might be better answered in the craft chat, those mamas are all whizes at finding supplies and hints and such! You are so brave to sew your own. I wish I would have taken the time to learn to seew from my mom!
Watercolor Ponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 08:15 AM   #3
OnlyaMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: New to all of this...tons of question...where can you buy supplies to DIY diapers?

Hi there, You can look in the craft section here on DS for PUL cuts or if you want more, join a co op of some sort(I doubt you are looking that much), but you can get as little as a yard if you like. You can not buy PUL at a normal store. SOmetimes Ebay has PUl, but you definattly pay the price there.

Touch tape, (Aplix can also be found in the craft section here.

Here is a good site for diaper patterns providing you do not intend to sell them. http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/index.html

also there are some more patterns in the craft chat area here on Ds.

I use the microflecece at Jo anss as well, it is the best quality I have run across, yet you have to wait for it to go on sale. Certian times during the month you can find it at 50% off. Big difference when it runs 10 a yard!

Hope this help you somewhat. I have some PUl cuts and supplies if you would like to try some. Hope this helps you out some!
Old 06-07-2006, 08:25 AM   #4
FitMommyOf2
I wish I could turn the tide!
seller

My Mood:
Re: New to all of this...tons of question...where can you buy supplies to DIY diapers?

Go over to the craft chat!
Old 06-07-2006, 05:09 PM   #5
bettyboop3789
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

-bumping-

edited the DIY stuff, got most of my answers in the craft part--THANK YOU!!

However, i do have some general questions above that i'd like opinions on. Thanks!!

Amy
bettyboop3789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:05 PM   #6
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

Yes, my DS wears regular clothes over his pockets, They can be bulky, but you can experiment with different inserts to make them more trim for under clothing. Good Luck making your own!
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote