Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-09-2009, 07:11 PM   #21
AmeliasMum
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you could sway the changes of a spefic gender one way would you?

Nope....We have one of each, but it never made any difference what we were having. DH and I are addicted to each other, so both kids were "planted" as DH puts it, under the same circumstances. Tons and tons of daily BD'ing, usually more than once a day, LOL. We are always TTC, and want a bunch of kids, so it makes no difference what gender they are.

Advertisement

AmeliasMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:48 PM   #22
kt~mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: ben***katieh
seller

My Mood:

yes i totally would if i had several of one gender and none of the other. i wanted to try for a girl this time around, but after 2 months of the shettles method i got impatient and gave up. now, fertility troubles in sight, i don't care what it is, i just want a baby! so i'm not sure if i would in the future knowing now what i know about my fertility. if i had all the time in the world, i'd sure give it a good effort! no harm in trying, and even shettles sways gender by 20% percent in either direction, so it's sure not foolproof, plenty of room for nature to work its own magic aside from all our plans
Old 12-09-2009, 08:49 PM   #23
MW69842
Banned/ Member requested
formerly equivocal
seller

My Mood:

I kind of did. I took herbal supplements that supposedly sway for a girl, in hopes of a girl.

But then, I also only had one IUI on the day ovulation, which supposedly increased my chances of having a boy.

And I also used a donor that has considerably more male offspring than female offspring (I didn't know how 'considerably' until after I had already conceived my DD).
MW69842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:54 PM   #24
monkeybunns
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'd love a girl but now we're just praying for a baby that sticks! I know no matter what we'll do God is in charge and will send us the baby that we're ready to have. Our little guy is such a joy. I originally wanted a girl but can't imagine life any other way than with him.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:53 AM   #25
jacquelinemarie82
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

My initial preference was for a boy because I had been babysitting a little boy since birth, and we are such buddies. It was mainly because he was so cute that I was hoping for a boy of my own. But after you struggle with fertility, you come to the point where ANY baby is a huge blessing and you don't get picky. You are just thankful to have a baby at all.

Even though I had a slight preference for a boy, I never did any special method or any research on how to have a boy.
jacquelinemarie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:00 AM   #26
supergirljennie
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

We say it's fate we have all boys. When we got pg with our oldest, DH was the last person to carry on the family name, so we were hoping for a boy. Now we have an heir and a spare and a priest, lol.

And ITA with everyone else, once you try for more than a couple months, you are just ready for a healthy, sticky baby.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:23 AM   #27
Fusion
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergirljennie View Post
Now we have an heir and a spare and a priest, lol.

Fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:11 PM   #28
BeckysBabyMakes6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When TTC our last baby I really wanted a sister for DD. I researched swaying for a girl and changed my diet a bit (cut out all caffeinated drinks) and took some supplements that are supposed to dry up the mucous membranes and alter the PH balance in the vagina. Apparently a low sperm count is supposed to favor a girl so we BD'ed every day during the fertile period. I was hoping for a girl and trying for a girl but I really never expected it to work. I already had 3 boys and a girl. I figured the girl was just a fluke. LOL I totally expected to see a boy on the u/s, but was shocked to find out it was actually a girl!!

Did I actually sway the odds in favor of making a girl? I really have no idea. So many people try it and don't get the gender they desired. I did. What made the difference? I think we get whatever we are supposed to get (actually WHOMever we are supposed to get), but it made me feel like at least I was trying something, you know? If I had had a boy then at least I would have tried. I would have loved a boy, too, and then poor DS wouldn't be stuck between two sisters!
Old 12-12-2009, 06:42 PM   #29
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Yes.
We swayed for a boy, and got one. I am half-heartedly swaying for a boy again, but would really be happy with either gender!
Old 12-13-2009, 03:01 AM   #30
Wanderlust
Registered Users
Formerly: jen**eth
seller

No. I'm happy as long as the babies are healthy. But I guess dealing with infertility has made me feel blessed just to be able to get pregnant.
Wanderlust is offline   Reply With Quote