Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-07-2006, 05:46 PM   #51
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Those who are against letting DC CIO

I didn't do CIO with either of my kids...I'm not an advocate one way or another...but for me, I was not at all comfortable with CIO. Dh said I had to, my mom said I had to , my grandma said I had to...guess what. I didn't have to! My 3yr old and 19 month both go to bed on their own without me and they don't have to CIO. It DID take some time for DD#2 to be chill with it...she'd cry and get up, we'd put her back, she'd cry and get up, we'd put her back. But she could see us standing in her doorway...they've never thought" oh mom and dad don't want to take care of me right now"

My question is, if these moms are so comfortable with doing CIO, why is it a big accomplishment to make it to any amount of time? It's obviously(for some) not something they want to do...so why do it? Why do things you dont' feel comfortable with for your kids? Because some people from way back when says it the best thing? You have to do what you're comfortable with. And if everything you've got says you dont' like it then don't do it! (((HUGS)))

Advertisement

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 05:47 PM   #52
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

FWIW~ My peditrician said no CIO until at least 6 months of age...before that, they are needing something when they cry. After 6 months or so, they learn how to manipulate with their crys....quick learners huh! LOL

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 09:21 AM   #53
Shaineinok
Registered Users
seller

No CIO at our house. DHS would consider cio under 6 months to be abuse. I kept mine with me at all times. Of course there were times that they cried anyway. Now mine are older and starting to throw fits occationally and I do not mind letting them work through that mostly one there own. But they are almost 2 and 4 now!
Shaineinok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 09:39 AM   #54
EmnJJsMom
Registered Users
seller

Tantrums get left alone here because trying to do something just makes them worse, they usually pass in less than a minute anyways. I have had so many people tell me to put down my colicky infant and let her CIO! I was like YEAH RIGHT. She needs to learn that I'll always be there for her and to let her cry it out would be so horrible. Can you imagine feeling so incredibly alone, knowing something is wrong and the one person you trust to fix it leaves you sit alone??? AHHHHH I just hate that thought!
EmnJJsMom is offline   Reply With Quote