Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-19-2009, 10:57 AM   #1
nolansmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
how far in advance can i make these goodies?

I am really strapped for time and would like to make some of my holiday treats in advance. I am making oreo truffles, baklava, snowball cookies, frosted sugar cookies, turtles & chocolate dipped pretzel rods. How far in advance can I do this?

Advertisement

Old 12-19-2009, 08:24 PM   #2
deedeezee
Registered Users
seller

Re: how far in advance can i make these goodies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolansmama View Post
I am really strapped for time and would like to make some of my holiday treats in advance. I am making oreo truffles, baklava, snowball cookies, frosted sugar cookies, turtles & chocolate dipped pretzel rods. How far in advance can I do this?

Snowball cookies and sugar cookies both freeze fine, but I wouldn't frost until I thawed them. In my experience, chocolate dipped pretzel rods stay fresh as long as they are in a ziploc, so I frequently do those in advance.

I don't have personal experience with the baklava, but I googled it and got tons of sites that said it freezes quite well. As to the oreo truffles, can you describe them? It depends on the texture as to whether they will freeze well, or can be tucked in a ziploc.

p.s. the oreo truffles sound delicious - maybe you can post the recipe?

HTH!
deedeezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 09:17 PM   #3
nolansmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks mama! How far in advance do you usually make your chocolate dipped pretzel rods? I will post the oreo recipe in a sec. Gotta go retrieve it!
Old 12-19-2009, 10:15 PM   #4
nolansmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Heres the recipe! 1 package oreos, finely crushed-1 8oz package cream cheese-chocolate for dipping-mix oreos & cream cheese. SHape into balls and dip in chocolate. Makes about 40 truffles. I like to use a variety of chocolates & sprinkle w/ oreo crumbs!
Old 12-20-2009, 09:23 AM   #5
deedeezee
Registered Users
seller

I've certainly done my pretzels (I usually use the smaller ones, but have done rods as well) a week in advance. Might be pushing it a little, but not much. Certainly 4 or 5 days is no big deal - just make sure to ziploc bag or ziploc container it. Enjoy! And thanks for the recipe!
deedeezee is offline   Reply With Quote