Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-04-2007, 09:39 AM   #31
abigail
Registered Users
seller

Re: whatever happend to EBF for the first year?

I am so sorry that your doc is lame I know that my Ped is supportive of BFing, and that when we meet with him b4 my DS was born, he said he reccommened at least one year. But his nurse (who is also is girlfriend, and I don't like her) ALWAYS asks me what formula I'm giving DD at every check up- and EVERY time I say, still BFing! DD is only 8 months, I couldn't imagine weaning!!!!

Advertisement

Old 04-04-2007, 09:46 AM   #32
mrsbehaven007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My dr. ( family dr. ) I think is more hippy than I am .. he said that I should EBF till my son was 9 mths... and breastfeed AT least 2 years .. I love our dr.. he rocks

maybe you should get a dr that you love as well.. I wouldnt want a dr like that..
mrsbehaven007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:02 PM   #33
mamagina
Registered Users
seller

(((HUGS)))

I have found it depends on the ped. They are taught to introduce solids, etc at what ages in school, but some do more research.

I had a great ped (a DO, not MD) but he moved. I'm now dealing with a young MD.. *sigh* Just have to look at it as an opportunity to educate him about these things.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:22 PM   #34
hackermd
Registered Users
seller

to the OP not cool that you had to go through that, but hopefully you'll have the opportunity to find a new ped and a better well-rounded one at that.

I found myself in a similar situation with my ped, but I don't plan on switching because I actually like him other than the food issue... lol He starting talking about having her start on stage two foods when she turns 6m at her 4m check up. I actually did for a good two weeks, then realized that's not what I wanted for her, so we stopped. She's a very healthy 19lb 8m old. -- it's weird because I find myself recently just going "uh huh" or nodding my head instead of arguing with drs and people in general who disagree with me on this.

regarding the juice introduction, to me that's just crazy that early! dd#1 (5years old) started drinking juice when she was about 2 years old, and even now prefers water or milk and has no intrest whatsoever in soda or sugary juices (10% stuff some of her friends offer her)... thank heavens. My grandmother actually went on and on about how bad of a mother I'm being for not giving dd#2 water! That there is a great deal of salt in my breastmilk that she needs to have water... I guess it's a good thing she only speaks spanish and I'm able to get away with just saying "uh huh okay" or nod my head and it's not seen as a form of disrepect, rather that she thinks I can't respond any other way.

I bet you all get a fuzzy feeling inside knowing your lo is thriving being ebf! Makes me feel like I'm doing something right
hackermd is offline   Reply With Quote