Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-29-2009, 10:10 PM   #71
Aileen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Quiverful Mamas??

I believe this way- in letting God control our families.

I'm surprised at the negative opinions of "quiverfull". I've not come across the kinds of things you mentioned.

It is really neat to see so mnay mamas who think similarly.

We have 10 living children and I've had 5 miscarriages- including one a few weeks ago.

With each one, we have either gotten a better job or a raise- but after we were already expecting. My midwife said "once you step out in faith, God blesses that". Not sure if that would help any husbands, but if you ask for the miracle before trusting him and obeying etc... that's really not faith. ;o)

It is amazing what we as mamas can do to make ends meet from home. I believe God will always insure that his children are not "begging bread".

Aileen

Advertisement

Happily married to my childhood sweetheart Jason & mama to dd-24 , ds-23, ds-21, dd-19, dd-17, ds-15 ds-13, my eager little helper dd-11 , ds-8 , ds-6 and our newest little sweetheart by an unexpected but amazing adoption- ds- 9months.
Aileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:56 AM   #72
LuvinMyFamily
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For all the women that mentioned C-Sections (I had one with my last and am planning on doing a HBAC after MUCH research)...I just wanted to let you know that many of the families I know leave their family size up to the Lord. A lot of it is finding a Dr. who isn't against what you believe...that is KEY. A friend of mine, her Dr. has done 10 C-Sections on the same woman! Some Dr.'s would not do that, you need to search for one who believes in you, whether or not he believes the same thing as you, he/she needs to support YOU.
We are doing a HBAC b/c we found a midwife witbh a 99% sucess rate for VBAC vs. 50% in the hospital, she's also completely about US. It's not a general care all get, it's personalized to each family and while she may not believe what I believe she supports our families choice. That is SOO important! My confidence in VBACing is 100% higher than it was with a Dr. who didn't believe in me just in his "facts" and "statistics"...
So don't loose heart, pray that the Lord would lead you to a Dr. or Midwife who supports YOU and your family.
LuvinMyFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 08:10 PM   #73
mommyof9
Registered Users

We are a quiverfull family in teachings and beliefs. We certainly didn't start out that way though. We thought we'd have 2 maybe 3. My first was a stillborn at 28 weeks. Then our beautiful son arrived. When he was 6 months, and I was still ebf and on the minipill we conceived again. We had a miscarriage with that baby at 14 weeks. We were told that our chances of ever delivering another baby was very slim. We refused a D & C due to religious convictions. They told us to come back in at 6 weeks for an ultrasound for them to check for placental fragments. We couldn't get an appt until 7 weeks, and at that ultrasound they saw our second son-who was 2 weeks and planted in there strong! While I was ebf our son and on the minipill again we became pregnant. At that point we wondered if God was trying to tell us something, but explained it away instead. While ebf and on the mini pill again we got pregnant. YES, again- on the pill and breastfeeding- our daughter was 5 months old. After that baby was born, another girl, I breastfed only until 4 months due to some lactose problems daugher suffered (I so regret not toughing it out with her), and then went on to supplement. At the point of supplementing I went back on the pill an immediatly became pregnant again. I lost that baby at 13 weeks. It was at that point that we moved and we were introduced to and became friends with several quiverfull families. We both prayed individually about it and then I came to my husband saying I thought I'd like another baby. He had been thinking the same thing. I was on the regular strength pill. We became pregnant again. When our son was 8 months we both began to pray (without each other knowing) for another child. We got pregnant, but lost the baby at 13 weeks. My husband left for some training and we literally had another baby 9 months and 1 day after the kids and I joined him (wink). When this son was 7 months and I was ebf, we became pregnant again. I delivered our daughter at 32 weeks. I contracted norovirus and they believe that is what caused the preemie. We were so thankful that her brother was still nursing, as his ability to keep my milk supply up was so good for her. Our preemie had no problems at all from birth other than the fact she was barely 4 lbs. I continued to tandem nurse 17 month old and ebf newborn daughter until we became pregnant again 6 months later. I kept tandem nursing throughout the pregnancy until son stopped in Feb, daughter in April and the baby was born the second of May. I continued to ebf her and when she was 6.5 months we became pregnant with our youngest, a boy, who is now 3 months. DD stopped nursing just a month or two before he was born, which I was pretty bummed about- I had hoped to tandem nurse again.

I'm sure that is totally boring to most of you, but I told you all this to tell you that we believe in God's timing and plans. He has proven his timing is always better than anything we could ever come up with.

We are greatly blessed!

Sorry for all the spelling and typos, I'm nak!
mommyof9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 08:25 PM   #74
skolbut
Registered Users
seller
seller

Wow, mama, sounds like someone else sure had a plan for your family! Isn't it amazing what happens when we learn to listen and let Him take over? Congrats on your family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof9 View Post
We are a quiverfull family in teachings and beliefs. We certainly didn't start out that way though. We thought we'd have 2 maybe 3. My first was a stillborn at 28 weeks. Then our beautiful son arrived. When he was 6 months, and I was still ebf and on the minipill we conceived again. We had a miscarriage with that baby at 14 weeks. We were told that our chances of ever delivering another baby was very slim. We refused a D & C due to religious convictions. They told us to come back in at 6 weeks for an ultrasound for them to check for placental fragments. We couldn't get an appt until 7 weeks, and at that ultrasound they saw our second son-who was 2 weeks and planted in there strong! While I was ebf our son and on the minipill again we became pregnant. At that point we wondered if God was trying to tell us something, but explained it away instead. While ebf and on the mini pill again we got pregnant. YES, again- on the pill and breastfeeding- our daughter was 5 months old. After that baby was born, another girl, I breastfed only until 4 months due to some lactose problems daugher suffered (I so regret not toughing it out with her), and then went on to supplement. At the point of supplementing I went back on the pill an immediatly became pregnant again. I lost that baby at 13 weeks. It was at that point that we moved and we were introduced to and became friends with several quiverfull families. We both prayed individually about it and then I came to my husband saying I thought I'd like another baby. He had been thinking the same thing. I was on the regular strength pill. We became pregnant again. When our son was 8 months we both began to pray (without each other knowing) for another child. We got pregnant, but lost the baby at 13 weeks. My husband left for some training and we literally had another baby 9 months and 1 day after the kids and I joined him (wink). When this son was 7 months and I was ebf, we became pregnant again. I delivered our daughter at 32 weeks. I contracted norovirus and they believe that is what caused the preemie. We were so thankful that her brother was still nursing, as his ability to keep my milk supply up was so good for her. Our preemie had no problems at all from birth other than the fact she was barely 4 lbs. I continued to tandem nurse 17 month old and ebf newborn daughter until we became pregnant again 6 months later. I kept tandem nursing throughout the pregnancy until son stopped in Feb, daughter in April and the baby was born the second of May. I continued to ebf her and when she was 6.5 months we became pregnant with our youngest, a boy, who is now 3 months. DD stopped nursing just a month or two before he was born, which I was pretty bummed about- I had hoped to tandem nurse again.

I'm sure that is totally boring to most of you, but I told you all this to tell you that we believe in God's timing and plans. He has proven his timing is always better than anything we could ever come up with.

We are greatly blessed!

Sorry for all the spelling and typos, I'm nak!
B... newly type II diabetic, wife to B 9/16/05, mama to B 1/23/07 H 9/27/08 (after three years of GI issues FINALLY getting a celiac diagnosis!) and our miracle baby C who joined us 9/6/2011, and is forever greatful to his "milk mamas" who pump for us! We do lots of crunchy things and some soggy things, too.
skolbut is offline   Reply With Quote