Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-02-2010, 03:23 PM   #1
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Anyone ever had Lupron Depot shots to treat endometriosis? A few?? for you

So I had my last round of Lupron and it should be wearing off now. I had surgery to remove all the extra tissue from endometriosis and separate my ovary from my uterus (endo caused them to grow together). That was about 6 months ago. Then dr said we needed six months worth of shots and he also put me on prempro during that time to minimize the effects of menopause (what he said the shots would put me into- I'm only 27). So last week was my last week on the prempro which means everything else should be coming back to normal I should be coming out of the menopause now too. Well, it's been a week and nothing. I guess I thought when I came off I'd have a period right away. Well after three days off the pills I had massive headaches and mood swings which I attribute to changing hormones. Then yesterday (1 and 1/2 weeks after) I had a terrible pain for about 6 hours right where my ovary is. It was very odd like someone stuck a screwdriver right there. It was over the ovary that was separated which hasn't been ovulating for quite some time. So a couple questions, can ovulation hurt like that? When should I be expecting a period? I'm also not real sure when I can start charting or how because there isn't a real defined time when I may start Oing again. It could have just been very odd gas for all I know. Also, what is the general consensus out there on when it is safe to start TTC again? My dr advised me to wait 1-2 months after the shot should have worn off to make sure it was out of my system to limit the risk of birth defects but just curious if other drs advise longer or shorter? I'm not sure I'm ready to ride this train again. It was such a long painful road filled with loss and disappointment last time around although it ended well. But I have found a wonderful dr who has really made a difference for me. I really want to try on my own for a while before we go to Clomid again. I know I'll have to take alot of things if I do happen to conceive to keep the baby and I'm ok with that but I'd really like to go with as little medical help as possible to conceive this time. Sorry for rambling I've just got all this stuff jumbled up in my head and nobody around here really understands. My sils all seem to have no problems fertility wise and neither does any one else in my family or close circle of friends so you guys are all I have that I can just come and relieve my mind a bit.

Advertisement

Last edited by slimy72; 01-02-2010 at 09:02 PM.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:27 PM   #2
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone ever had Lupron Depot shots to treat endometriosis? A few?? for you

Hey Mama,

I don't have my own experience, but my sister had really, really bad endometriosis.

She ended up getting the surgery (when you go in through the belly button) right after she graduated from college - so when she was 22. She had to have the full round of Lupron shots (she was really mean during the period). I remember they ended up giving her a hormone patch to balance her out.

She went to med. school after that and ended up TTCing about four years later. Her first babe was conceived the first month, her second the first month ttcing, and her third (this fall) the first month after she got her Mirena removed.

I'm the one that has fine ovaries and all the fertility, preterm issues.

Good luck mama!!! Hoping for a quick ttcing road for you!!!!