Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-02-2010, 03:50 PM   #1
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Question about OPKs- I need help!

I am CD19 and I have been using OPK's for the past 6 days, but every single one is negative. What does this mean? I don't understand... is it possible that I am not ovulating? Should I try the test again tomorrow? I had a faint line for 2 days, but nothing that matched... today the line was fainter- barely visible at all... We're still trying... I'm just surprised at that.

Thanks for the help!

Advertisement

Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:55 PM   #2
ctj101502
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Question about OPKs- I need help!

OMW!! I could have written this post!! I am also CD 19 and nothing, some faint lines on OPK and tonight nothing??? Not understanding it, though I have taken about 6 tests in the last 10 days. I figured that if I wasn't + on a day that I could skip a day to test...So I did that a couple times and wonder if thats why i haven't gotten the + cause I missed it... I guess we are CD buddies though!
Can't forget my 6 lil blessings!!!
ctj101502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:47 PM   #3
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Well at least we are together in this I'm so confused- I thought they predicted 12-24 hours before you O right? So- if you are ovulating will they show nothing? I suppose the window is small- so maybe we both just missed it? humph!
Old 01-02-2010, 10:03 PM   #4
kt~mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: ben***katieh
seller

My Mood:

you should test once a day at the same time, at least. sometimes they recommend twice per day in case you have a short "surge". also, it's certainly possible you haven't yet ovulated, that doesn't mean you won't. women with very regular cycles tend not to need opks. for those of us with inconsistent cycles (definately me! ) you could test every day until the + comes, or what i've done is wait until i start to notice fertile fluid (creamy), then start testing daily until the + comes, i get a negative after, and my temp rises to confirm that i did in fact ovulate (since the opks are only predictive of o based on the LH hormone surge... you can have your LH surge several times in a cycle before your body actually ovulates, so some women with get more that one set of +opks). oh and one more note: they are different to read than pregnancy tests, in that the test line (your hormone) is as dark or darker than the control line. and according to peeonastick.com if any part of your line is as dark as the test line (even if the line isn't solid, more like a rainbow of pink shades with the darkest on one vertical end), then it's considered positive.

hth, and ask away, i've been using opks for the last 5 cycles. and just so you know you're in good company while on soy (supposed to make you o earlier) i didn't get a +opk until CD 19... so typically i get them even later than that.

Last edited by kt~mommy; 01-02-2010 at 10:06 PM.
kt~mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:29 AM   #5
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks so much for the help Katie- I'm learning a lot about my body- and ovulation I hadn't tested at the same time each day... I think I will use my last 2 tests today and tomorrow and see if anything changes- What day do you normally ovulate on? I have confirmed endometriosis and my cycles have changed quite a bit over the years since having my daughter... thanks for the encouragement though!