Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-08-2010, 08:55 PM   #1021
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: DFW mamas

So, I'm going to be giving birth at a Birthing Center in Arlington...but if something should happen before then and I need to go to L&D sooner.. which Hospital should I go to. I don't think Arlington Memorial has a matnerity ward.. I KNOW they don't have a pediatrics.

I live in North Arlington.

Any suggestions?
I'm not opposed to going into Dallas or Fort Worth or any of the other surrounding cities if it's not too far of a drive.

Also would like one that is as "natural birth" friendly as possible. I keep meaning to ask my Midwife for her suggestion, but I keep forgetting.

Thanks

God bless,
Michelle

Advertisement

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 06:28 AM   #1022
hullabal98
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

your birthing center should have a hospital/ob they work with for emergencies... I am delivering with midwives at Harris Ft Worth. It's pretty easy to get to - a few blocks off I-30 - so that could be an option. My midwife group is UNT Women's Health. I know Baylor also has midwives but they don't do VBACs. The hospital will, but those midwives won't. Being in downtown FW would be very close to Cooks should you need a children's hospital.

Medical Center of Arlington has great bf support (or they did 6 years ago when DS1 was born) but they are very pro-c/s so beware of that.

good luck!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_M View Post
So, I'm going to be giving birth at a Birthing Center in Arlington...but if something should happen before then and I need to go to L&D sooner.. which Hospital should I go to. I don't think Arlington Memorial has a matnerity ward.. I KNOW they don't have a pediatrics.

Any suggestions?
I'm not opposed to going into Dallas or Fort Worth or any of the other surrounding cities if it's not too far of a drive.

Also would like one that is as "natural birth" friendly as possible. I keep meaning to ask my Midwife for her suggestion, but I keep forgetting.

Thanks

God bless,
Michelle
Old 01-09-2010, 07:44 AM   #1023
shweebies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi all! I just wanted to let the DFW mammas here that I am trying to sell my swing. I have an extra motor for it. The original motor doesn't turn off right, you have to unplug it. But since it was under warranty I have a new motor to replace it. The old motor is ok to use - so just think of it as having a back up motor. It is very clean and is like brand new. It isn't a year old yet, still under warranty and I have the original box and receipt. Here is a link to amazon as to the type swing it is. I would like $50 for it, I paid $130 for it. I don't think you can find a better deal.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

Here is a pic. If interested please PM me.

I live just outside of Ennis (south of Dallas). But we tend to get around so it is possible to meet somewhere.

Thanks all!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	41wM7o18BOL._SS350_.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	4.2 KB
ID:	39355  

Last edited by shweebies; 01-09-2010 at 08:21 AM.
shweebies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 08:41 PM   #1024
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hullabal98 View Post
your birthing center should have a hospital/ob they work with for emergencies... I am delivering with midwives at Harris Ft Worth. It's pretty easy to get to - a few blocks off I-30 - so that could be an option. My midwife group is UNT Women's Health. I know Baylor also has midwives but they don't do VBACs. The hospital will, but those midwives won't. Being in downtown FW would be very close to Cooks should you need a children's hospital.

Medical Center of Arlington has great bf support (or they did 6 years ago when DS1 was born) but they are very pro-c/s so beware of that.

good luck!!!!
Thanks so much. I'm not VBACing... been blessed enough to not need one with either of my older boys.

I hadn't even thought of a hospital issue until it asked on my birth plan worksheet if I had a hospital preferance in case I needed to be transfered for some unforseen reason.

Are you a midwife? Would love to get to know you a bit through PM as a "just in case" situation.

Come to think of it... I think an aquantance of mine delivered with midwives there. She had some sort of risk (can't remember what exactly) that meant she had to deliver in a hospital. In fact, she had the same midwife that I do, until she found out that she needed to be at a hospital, and so ended up going with your midwife group, I believe. Her first name is Yvette (not sure of her last name, but this was her 4th baby, all girls). She said she went with you guys because even though it was a hospital, you all were still "natural" friendly.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'm going to put you guys down as my hospital of preferance. Would love a PM if you have time!

God bless,
Michelle

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Old 01-10-2010, 12:53 AM   #1025
sbbeana
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_M View Post

Any suggestions?

Thanks

God bless,
Michelle
A friend of mine had a wonderful birth experience at Medical Center of Arlington (off of Matlock near I-20).

I am delivering with my same OB/GYN at North Hills Hospital there in NRH.

Last edited by sbbeana; 01-10-2010 at 12:55 AM.
sbbeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 07:28 AM   #1026
twinmamamaven
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wished that I had some suggestions for you ladies for birthing centers. we struggled to get & stay pregnant, so I had to be seen every other week by a perinatologist & still delivered by emergency C-section at 33 wks (both babies were breech & OB felt feet at the 33 wks appt). My dream would have been a water birth, guess one will just dream I hope you find a place that will give you a wonderful experience!
Potty Training but twins & EP'ed for 13+ mns
twinmamamaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:43 PM   #1027
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbbeana View Post
A friend of mine had a wonderful birth experience at Medical Center of Arlington (off of Matlock near I-20).

I am delivering with my same OB/GYN at North Hills Hospital there in NRH.
Thanks so much. That's a bit closer than Harris!

God bless,
Michelle

Old 01-10-2010, 12:58 PM   #1028
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i used midwives at harris hospital. What birthing center are you going to here in arlington?

both arlington memorial and MCOA have maternity wards. My sister delivered @ arlington memorial...wasnt very fancy, nurses where rude....MCOA's labor area is pretty new, i think it was redone like 5 years ago and they do have a bf resource center.

I would maybe start doing some research on some certified nurse midwives that deliver here in arlington, or at harris. I used Kathleen Donaldson and liked her very much. I did have a little more invasive birth and monitors and stuff like that than i would have liked, but it was ok. At least i wasnt talked into a csection.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:07 PM   #1029
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyblackdot View Post
i used midwives at harris hospital. What birthing center are you going to here in arlington?

both arlington memorial and MCOA have maternity wards. My sister delivered @ arlington memorial...wasnt very fancy, nurses where rude....MCOA's labor area is pretty new, i think it was redone like 5 years ago and they do have a bf resource center.

I would maybe start doing some research on some certified nurse midwives that deliver here in arlington, or at harris. I used Kathleen Donaldson and liked her very much. I did have a little more invasive birth and monitors and stuff like that than i would have liked, but it was ok. At least i wasnt talked into a csection.
I actually see Betty Winford at Special Beginings in Grand Prairie.
From what people have said.. I think I'm leaning towards MCOA.

Thanks for the link and the advice!

God bless,
Michelle

Old 01-12-2010, 06:11 AM   #1030
hullabal98
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Kathleen is who I use now!!