Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-31-2007, 06:55 PM   #21
Registered Users
Re: Picky toddler foods?

My 2 1/2 yr old ds is just like this! He only wants pb&j and mac and cheese and yogurt. As I am looking through the list of foods people have suggested, I honestly don;t think he would even put the food in his mouth! He never used to be this way- he used to love all sorts of different foods. We do try and sneak things in like wheat germ in his yogurt (we call them 'crunchies') It is SO FUSTERATING!

4 under 5! Blessed through childbirth and adoption
mariewes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:30 PM   #22
Registered Users
My Mood:

I didn't read anyone elses responses, so sorry if there are repeats!

Bella LOVES Black beans and rice, with guac and cheese. Just mix em all together.

Frozen or slightly thawed blueberries. Dried blueberries/cherries/cranberries/raisins. Animal Crackers. Mandarin oranges. Corn/peas. Dry Kashi cereal. Fruity cheerios ( less sugar than fruit loops and the color really gets her). Whole milk cottage cheese. Cheese slices, meat slices ( lunch/deli meat). Chik nuggets ( veggie not meat) Hot dogs ( fake and real ones)

I am sure we have more but I can't think of more. We re tried foods a lot. I remember asking this same question around 12 months. I thought all we would be eating was mac and cheese and beans and rice. LOL She has changed a lot in the past few months.!!
Stephanie, Mom to Bella 12-12-05 and Wyatt 8-24-08 Wife to Paul Family that and together *We are PL'd! Selling my Stash! Mutts, SOS, FBs, Swaddlebees, Blueberry, Prefolds, Wool!! *
ercvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 06:58 PM   #23
Registered Users
My Mood:

DD is a picky eater her staples are mac n' cheese, hot dogs, chicken nuggets and daddy sandwhiches (her phrase for peanut butter and jelly).

We just introduce new foods and go from there -- here are the things that went over really well the last few months (her eating habits are getting much better so I don't feel like I am mal-nourishing her with all the processed food!)

Avacodo's (HUGE she loves avacodo)
Grapes cut in half (she won't eat them whole)
Ranch dip with carrots and celery
Smoothies made with a lot of berries and yogurt (we usually add wheat germ)
Long grain rice-a-roni

We also have luck about 70% of the time with letting her "make" food usually if she "makes" it she will eat it. A recent discovery was that she will not eat cottage cheese (which I love and eat a ton of especially when I am pregnant) won't touch it, but if I give her a small bowl of blueberries, strawberries, grapes, pineapple or watermelon and let her add "as much as she wants" she will eat the cottage cheese! I was pretty proud of that, I outsmarted an almost 3 year old
Please check my WAHM thread for instock items

Mary Kate - knitting mama to three girlies!
PKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 02:04 PM   #24
Registered Users

I do picky plates for lunch for my 24-month-old: bite-size pieces of leftovers, cheese, crackers, apples, bananas, crackers, etc. She picks and chooses, and usually ends up eating quite a variety (especially if I encourage her).

She also loves to dip, so anything she can dip will at least be tried once.

Oh, most toddlers love to do it themselves, so consider plopping your little one down with a bowl of something and a spoon. Sometimes the novelty and mess is just enough to attract them.
wife to j, homeschooling mom to six wonders, cloth diapering for 12+ years
serinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 02:40 PM   #25
Registered Users

I have finally found a way to get my dd to eat veggies! She likes Amy's Spinach pizza and Morning Star Farms veggie nuggets (broccoli and cheese and they make Spinach artichoke). They look like chicken nuggets, and taste really good but are full of veggies and protein! Really awesome find! Try that. I have a picky one here too.
Happy wife, and Momma to my 2 little delights and 1 on the way due early Sept!
Identity stealers should be flogged.
ellemenopee is offline   Reply With Quote