Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-16-2010, 01:51 AM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Out of crib + new sibling

We co sleep, and I didnt read all the posts but if I were in your situation I would move your ds into his big boy bed, and keep baby in the bassinet, until your older lo is used to having a new bed, that way he wont feel so much like baby is 'stealing' his crib

Mama to Bailey Autumn (1-1-07) and Asher Jameson (9-22-09)
Wife to Don Andrew
My mom died over a year ago, but I still miss her every day
EricaLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:15 AM   #12
valerie mom of 4
Registered Users
My Mood:

We didn't move DS1 until DS2 was 1 or so and we didn't have any problems at all. We started with the mattress on the floor to a toddler bed to now a single bed
CDing, BWing, Delayed Vaxing, Non Circ'ing, Sometimes Co-Sleeping, Sorta Crunchy, Attached mama to Arianne (10) Liam (4) Caden (3) and Xavier (18 months)
valerie mom of 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:27 AM   #13
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
My Mood:

I agree that you should do what you feel is best for your child. My plan was to move my son out of a crib this March figuring that I would be newly pregnant then. However life had other plans for me. I am still planning on moving DS in March though likely we will not use the crib for about 2 years because of life.

Good luck to you!
Jennifer (39) - Wife since 12/2003 with 5 children - 3 waiting for me in heaven , and 2 delighting me everyday ! Lymphoma survivor and mother to baby born post pelvic radiation!
3 ladybugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:29 AM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:

similar situation: my dd is 20 mos and I decided to convert her crib to toddler bed so she wont have to adjust when baby 2 comes in June. But my dd is hating her toddler bed and is constantly climbing out which makes bedtime a nightmare and naps have gone out the window. thinking about just putting back to crib for now and getting her toddler bed when baby 2 arrives.
chachs1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:34 AM   #15
Registered Users

My kids seem to be fine and they each moved out of the crib after the baby had been here a few months. They were 18 mo when the next was born so they stayed in the crib until about 2 and the baby used a pack n play bassinet until about then. Then the older one got a twin bed and the baby moved to the crib. They've all done fine with it. My youngest will be 20 months or so when this one comes and I intend to keep him in the crib for as long as possible. There isn't room for a 3rd twin bed in the room with his brothers.
Samantha sahm to Kayden 10-05 Colton 5-07 Sawyer 11-08 Sierra Catherine 7-14-10 and Lilah Ruth joining us 9-13and wife to Jay 1-16-05
Check out my new blog:
mom2kaydncolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:45 AM   #16
JAG's baby mama
Registered Users
My Mood:

We started this transition because of not wanting two kids to co-sleep with us at the same time.

We expected DS to move to his crib from our bed so we started when he was 6 months (and I was only 2 months PG).

DS hated his crib. He would never sleep more than 1 hour in that thing so we gave up. The next week we put him in his big boy bed (a full sized bed) and he went right to sleep. No problem. Since then we have moved the bed to floor because he is all over that bed during the night.

I would recommend starting the transition now, but be willing to do whatever makes your LO feel better. Make a game out of the new bed and see how it goes.
Yvonne (45), WAHM, , DH (39) , RJ (5yrs) , VL (4yrs) , RH (EDD 7/15/14)
JAG's baby mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:00 PM   #17
Registered Users
My Mood:

i had to convert the ds's crib to a toddler bed when he started to climb out of it at about 23 months. he was sleeping most of the night and coming into our bed in the early mornings. once the baby came things changed alot for a few months. there was some regression for him and he started wanting to sleep with us alot more. now ds4 is 3 months and ds3 is going to bed in his toddler bed and sleeping there all night. (before we would put him to sleep in our bed and move him later). so im thinking in a couple of months we will get a new toddler bed and give ds4 the crib. i dont think ds3 will have a prob. i think he will love it and we will make it cool and special. he will feel like a big boy. i think he loves feeling more grown up now. before he wanted to act more babyish, but he is growing up alot! i wouldnt worry too much about it. things will work themselves out. gl!
Beth - homeschooling, Christ loving mom to Magus '99, Malakai '01, Bastian '07, Jace '09, Step Mom to Seth '95, married to Damon, love of my life!
My last ds is pl'ed!
faiths13 is offline   Reply With Quote