Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-17-2010, 05:38 PM   #1
mommyz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Add me to the list... screen shot...

what's up DS? lemme guess... it will be taken care of, right?

Advertisement

**PLZ EMAIL ME IF YOU NEED ME!**
mommyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 05:47 PM   #2
LilyGrace
Registered Users

Re: Add me to the list... screen shot...

I think I'm done with DS. I didn't get a virus this go-around, but I have before. Frankly after 2 years of promises of it being fixed, I can say I'm certain it never will be.

This site isn't worth it. There's others, there's better, and there's ones where you won't risk getting a virus every time you log on. If the admin here cared, after two years it would be fixed. But it's not. That says more than anything else.

I can't even say what puts me off more - the lack of doing anything about it, or the suggestion in the OT thread to become a site supporter to avoid viruses. If support is to be garnered for a site, it should not be through shady tactics.

I can't say whether I will ever be back, but I can say it won't be anytime soon.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:19 PM   #3
mommyz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

**PLZ EMAIL ME IF YOU NEED ME!**
mommyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:30 AM   #4
raindrop_333
Registered Users

My Mood:

I had another horrible virus attack today. I don't think I'll be on here much anymore...
raindrop_333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:22 AM   #5
chickenmonkeybaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had it again 2 days after was told it was taken care of. It isn't the Win32trojan this time. I think it is some sort of spyware, and I have not been able to get rid of it yet. It immediately hijacks my IE browser, so I am using my FF browser with script blocker right now.

The malware has prevented Microsoft Security Essentials from scanning my computer so that the malware can be removed, and when I try to un-install my virus/spyware software so that I can re-install it to work properly, the malware takes over and shuts my computer down. Whatever is causing the problem this time, says that it is from "Microsoft Windows", but it is not. I keep getting the error message that something is wrong with my Google toolbar, and when I use msconfig to disable all of my programs at start up to do a check, the Google toolbar thing always manages to somehow be checked enabled when I start up. I will also mention that it launches my IE web browser on its own to a virus protection website if I leave the computer on.

I am not a total dingbat when it comes to my computer, but I am also not a techie, so this whole mess really irritates me and wastes tons of my time. I am at a loss as to how to get rid of this one, my brother is going to have to do it.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:41 AM   #6
Angel89411
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyGrace View Post
I think I'm done with DS. I didn't get a virus this go-around, but I have before. Frankly after 2 years of promises of it being fixed, I can say I'm certain it never will be.

This site isn't worth it. There's others, there's better, and there's ones where you won't risk getting a virus every time you log on. If the admin here cared, after two years it would be fixed. But it's not. That says more than anything else.

I can't even say what puts me off more - the lack of doing anything about it, or the suggestion in the OT thread to become a site supporter to avoid viruses. If support is to be garnered for a site, it should not be through shady tactics.

I can't say whether I will ever be back, but I can say it won't be anytime soon.
If your talking about my thread, I wasn't trying to say you should become a supporter to get rid of it. I was just thinking the malware may be coming from one of the ads. If it was, maybe DS IT could have figured out which one and gotten rid of it. I don't believe the admins of this site would resort to such shady tactics.
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:14 AM   #7
chickenmonkeybaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel894 View Post
If your talking about my thread, I wasn't trying to say you should become a supporter to get rid of it. I was just thinking the malware may be coming from one of the ads. If it was, maybe DS IT could have figured out which one and gotten rid of it. I don't believe the admins of this site would resort to such shady tactics.
ITA. And I think that with the majority of members being non supporters rather than site supporters, it is statistically a given that more non supporting members will have the virus.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:41 PM   #8
ShayneLeMaster
no caption needed
seller

My Mood:

got it tonight too. "artemis" is what i got.. i didnt do a screen shot , but my security caught it in time before it spread but it was still a pain ... and very aggravating... and to the site supporter maybe the sponser ( cotton babies ) would help fund some kind of security ?
ShayneLeMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:42 PM   #9
swismiself
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That's just the thing, though. Even the Site Supporters have to view one ad per page....so paying the $30/year doesn't even guarantee that it will never happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GRR!
swismiself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:08 AM   #10
SAHM2Seven
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I got the virus too last night...my computer caught it, but it took forever to scan, restart, get rid of them. Its unbelieveable...there has to be something done- Im going to have to stop coming here too, My DH is fed up