Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-12-2010, 11:27 PM   #61
NATTYBATSMOM
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Seriously, what is with Cailou??

DD loved Super Why too, she started having imaginary friends that were from the show so Whyatt would come over to play and stuff. Got to be a problem though when DD would do something naughty and then blame Whyatt for it. Um, no, Whyatt didn't do that, YOU did.

Advertisement

My Blog: Sipping Life One Day at a Time
NATTYBATSMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:29 PM   #62
daisy0306
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My kids like this show but I've never actually watched it with them...I'll have to do that now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather8183 View Post
DS hasn't ever seen it...however:

Can I just say I HATE Max and Ruby?! Hate it. I know I'm reading too much into it but where are their parents? There grandma is around but no sign of parents. Why doesn't Max EVER get in trouble??? He's always doing stupid crap that could get him seriously hurt and Ruby doesn't even bat an eye! Max is very intelligent, but can only say one phrase over and over again, and pulls some of the dumbest crap!? Whew, glad I got that out.
I know right??? That show drives me bonkers. The kids love it, though
daisy0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 01:11 AM   #63
Everywhere
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATTYBATSMOM View Post
DD loved Super Why too, she started having imaginary friends that were from the show so Whyatt would come over to play and stuff. Got to be a problem though when DD would do something naughty and then blame Whyatt for it. Um, no, Whyatt didn't do that, YOU did.

yep, my dd got her imaginary friend off of Word World, actually. "Duck" He's been her "friend" for almost a year now, and seriously goes everywhere my daughter goes. And of course, she ALSO blames him for everything naughty. What is it with kids and doing that??!?
Everywhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:56 AM   #64
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

my kids are like this with max and ruby
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:59 AM   #65
Duckiesmommie
Registered Users

My Mood:

My DD loves Caillou, I dont get it either, she can be anywhere in the house and they show comes on and she comes running, She doesnt watch anything else on TV ever, she has no interest, but as soon as Caillou comes on its a different story! I dont get it at all. He drives me crazy!
Earn FREE gift cards to Wal Mart, Target, Macy's and more with My Darling Points
Duckiesmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:37 AM   #66
chachs1985
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

at least its not Spongebob
chachs1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:51 PM   #67
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmyann View Post
I like it alot and my son loves it. It is the last thing he watches before going to bed each night (and has been watching it for a year). He got 6 Caillou Dvd's for Christmas even. My one complaint is that on the sprout channel they basically play the same 20 or so episodes over and over again. Now the earlier episodes that we have seen on youtube when Cailou was 2 or 3 he was much brattier than he is now at age 4.
My son is obsessed with caillou!! i even went onto ebay to get him caillou and gilbert plush's, and some figures. he has to watch it every day - i have it on dvr. i hate that sprout plays the same ones over and over again though! aaak! get some new ones please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather8183 View Post
DS hasn't ever seen it...however:

Can I just say I HATE Max and Ruby?! Hate it. I know I'm reading too much into it but where are their parents? There grandma is around but no sign of parents. Why doesn't Max EVER get in trouble??? He's always doing stupid crap that could get him seriously hurt and Ruby doesn't even bat an eye! Max is very intelligent, but can only say one phrase over and over again, and pulls some of the dumbest crap!? Whew, glad I got that out.
omg! i like that show, but every time its on i keep wondering where the heck the parents are!! helllooooo! ruby takes care of max, puts him to bed, feeds him etc. the grandma is there, but doesnt live with them! it drives me crazy! my dh just shakes his head at me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkelli View Post
Getting rid of all of our DVDs. I didn't realize how whiny he was til DH pointed it out.

Anyone want them????
i do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckiesmommie View Post
My DD loves Caillou, I dont get it either, she can be anywhere in the house and they show comes on and she comes running, She doesnt watch anything else on TV ever, she has no interest, but as soon as Caillou comes on its a different story! I dont get it at all. He drives me crazy!
my ds is the same way - he will come running and sit there and watch it but doesnt really sit still to watch much else unless hes eating.

i dont see any prob with the show. i think its cute and caillou does all sorts of fun boyish things. my ds seems to learn alot from it and its fun. he doesnt get any bad behaviors from the show. my older dh's used to watch caillou also, but they never were so obsessed. my ds1 was obsessed with blues clues when he was this age, so maybe some kids just get like that.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:28 PM   #68
mom2littleman
Registered Users
Formerly: jdunn79
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtoalmost3 View Post
I've actually had to ban it from our house-my 3 yr old has started repeating some of the things he does/says-he is NOT a good example for kids
We banned Cailou too. DS was copying Cailou's annoying behaviors. There is no other show that holds his attention like that.
mom2littleman is offline   Reply With Quote