Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-21-2010, 10:14 PM   #1011
tiffsnest
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I absolutely LOVE Mother-ease!! ACTION SHOTS!

Yes, thirsties work great over sandys too! Can't speak to the superbrites, sorry...

While I'm on here, can I get recommendations on wool covers that work well with either large sandys or meos? I'm thinking interlock... What worked for you?
Thanks, Mamas!

Advertisement

tiffsnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:22 PM   #1012
picklesmama
Registered Users
seller

Yep, both Thirsties and SuperBrite are great over Sandys

Kate is wearing a Medium SuperBrite over a Small Sandys in the pic below. I think she was maybe 14 lbs here. Lots of room to grow in it. I don't have it anymore so can't show you how it fits now (I prefer snap covers now) but my older daughter wore it over her Kissaluvs until she was 2 and they are pretty full cut.

Whidbey Island CDing Families My ISO & IHA
picklesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:49 AM   #1013
Evergreen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love WCW soakers and longies over MEOS. We also use Aristocrats (soakers and longies) and LanaCare soakers.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:02 PM   #1014
emymommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hi everyone,

I have another question about MEOS. I bought some in EUC (used only a few months) from FSOT and noticed they are not super soft. The cotton terry feels a little rough to the touch. Is this normal with use? I have never owned a new one so I have nothing to compare it to. Is there a way to make them softer? It is probably not a big deal, I'm just curious. Thanks for any feedback!
emymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:06 PM   #1015
emymommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sorry, one more question. Is it okay to use oxo-brite or other types of oxygenated bleach with MEOS and Sandy's? Thanks again!
emymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:18 PM   #1016
Pugmama
Registered Users

Wow - love the action shots! I think I'll need to pick up a few on FSOT to try.
Pugmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:18 PM   #1017
picklesmama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by emymommy View Post
Sorry, one more question. Is it okay to use oxo-brite or other types of oxygenated bleach with MEOS and Sandy's? Thanks again!
I have had no issues using oxyclean from time to time with mine. I give them a good soak in a scoop of oxy in a sink full of water if she eats something that makes a stain, works great, my dipes are pristine.

For the crunchiness - I don't know, how something feels is relative to the toucher right? The majority of mine have been in use for 6 months - all purchased new - and they are still soft to me. Could be yours are old, or could be due to the previous owner's laundry routine - perhaps bleach was used, perhaps they have buildup, either detergent or hard water mineral... Maybe try some RLR, we have hard water and I use that every couple of months and they are always softer and more absorbent after.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:23 PM   #1018
picklesmama
Registered Users
seller

Oh, and most of the time I use a CD-safe natural fabric softener called Ecover - my pfs and mother-ease definitely feel fluffier than when I don't.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:45 PM   #1019
QHoneyB
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffsnest View Post
Yes, thirsties work great over sandys too! Can't speak to the superbrites, sorry...

While I'm on here, can I get recommendations on wool covers that work well with either large sandys or meos? I'm thinking interlock... What worked for you?
Thanks, Mamas!
I have three wool covers. First I bought a luxe. It does NOT cover the MEOS or Sandys well. But I do love it for over other fitteds.

Then I bought a royal buns and a woollybottoms. Both are wonderful! I do prefer the woollybottoms just a little bit more because it's softer and easier to get on and off, but I think that might be because it's more generously sized than the royal buns. On the other hand the wet zone layer in the royal buns goes up higher in the back, so I can usually go longer between lanolizations with the royal buns, it's a tad more bulletproof in that respect. But I love them both, I rotate them as my night covers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emymommy View Post
Hi everyone,

I have another question about MEOS. I bought some in EUC (used only a few months) from FSOT and noticed they are not super soft. The cotton terry feels a little rough to the touch. Is this normal with use? I have never owned a new one so I have nothing to compare it to. Is there a way to make them softer? It is probably not a big deal, I'm just curious. Thanks for any feedback!
I have two cotton terry ones that I have been using for about 4 or 5 months, and two that I have only been using for 2 months, and there is a slight difference, the older ones being not QUITE as soft. So I think that's pretty natural. I'm sure using some ecover or other plant based fabric softener would help soften them up, and maybe some RLR as a previous poster suggested. I've used that a couple times and it does make a difference if hard water buildup is the culprit.
QHoneyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:06 PM   #1020
Evergreen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I posted some pics of my DS in his MEOS! Head over here to check it out: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...32#post9413832