Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-09-2007, 05:12 PM   #1
9800Emily
Registered Users
seller

Unhappy Well Crap, DD is shrinking

We had our 15 month check up today and she is down to 19.015 from 22 ( about 6 weeks ago). This is our biggest weight loss ever and I'm not sure why. She is eating better and still nursing lots. She has 6 weeks to gain a pound and if not we are going to a nutritionist for a special diet. If that doesn't work she has to see a gastrointestinal (I know I butchered the spelling on that ) and a genetic doc to see if she has some sort of metabolic disorder. The doc did say to keep on nursing because it may be the only thing that dd is digesting well enough to get nutrition from.

Advertisement

Old 04-09-2007, 05:19 PM   #2
napua
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Well Crap, DD is shrinking

Old 04-09-2007, 05:35 PM   #3
mrsbehaven007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

well to put a little hope in for you .. my son went in and weighed 18 pds.. then about 2 mths later went back and was 16 13 or something like that.. well.. I freaked out and the dr was talking about it was OK bc he was still eating and all and he was REALLY SUPER ACTIVE and that has alot to do with it.. well .. we went back for a weight check and he lost 2 ozs... then I made them do it again..and it started giving all kids of weights... all across the board.. it just wasnt working right.. and he never lost all the weight that we thought he did .. mama.. I hope that everything works itself out..and yep.. it happens sometimes.. they just shrink on us .. lol
mrsbehaven007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 05:56 PM   #4
Voltige
Registered Users
seller

Have they checked for celiac disease- an intolerance of gluten? If not, ask them to.

Voltige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 07:09 PM   #5
kate2128
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

kate2128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:13 PM   #6
9800Emily
Registered Users
seller

Thanks mama's. I really wish it was just the scales fault, but dd gets weight in two different offices and both are showing that she lost around 3lbs. I'm not familiar with celiac, but I do know someone who's dd was just tested so I will ask her about it. It is just really hard to be back under the 20lb mark because that was out goal for 12 months and know it's our goal for 16 1/2 months too. Most of the time I'm not worried about things, but something just feel off about her loosing weight. I'm sure it will just be a matter of figuring out what and then she will do great, but its the waiting and wondering that get to me.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:01 AM   #7
Sanche
Registered Users
seller

How frustrating!

Ebay Feedback

Will you wear a gold ribbon for childhood cancer?
Sanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:03 AM   #8
cowmommy
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Matthew 5:44
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I had this problem a little while back where DD lost an entire pound and a half in 2.5 weeks She is slowly gaining it back but she IS gaining it back at least I will be praying for you all
Old 04-10-2007, 12:59 PM   #9
blissfullyblessed
Registered Users
Formerly: kerstynsmom
seller

My Mood:

I thought it was normal for them to loose when they started walking well bc they were so interested in getting around more and stuff kwim? I personally think pedi's put too much stress on the scale, and not the overall actions of the child. They have to push kids in and outta their office so fast that an accurate determination can't be made in one visit.

She is your child, and you know if she is acting different or whatever. You say she is eating good, and so if she's more active than she was 3 months ago at your last wellness visit than I wouldn't worry. It's so great she's still nursing!! I so miss that