Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-09-2007, 06:57 PM   #11
Nikkis_Little_Ladies
Registered Users
Formerly: Nikk25_3
seller

My Mood:
Re: (update)RSV ?s need help ASAP !! PLS..

Thank you so much for all of your advise.. I love my family dr. (who is also our ped). And Im feeling pretty conifadaint that this will all be okay. I HATE that my DD has gotten this sick, but things happen and I must not blame my self. So I will give her the meds, and hope for the best.. Once again ty mamas

\Nikki

Advertisement

Nikkis_Little_Ladies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 07:40 PM   #12
Shadowwolf549
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Our son Jeremiah got that at about that age too. They didn't give him antibiotics though (mostly it's caused by a virus, which antibiotics won't help anyway). He got the breathing treatments through a nebuilzer and it made a huge difference. He didn't really need them for that long either (just 3 days). If you are really concerned about giving her antibiotics, maybe you could ask her pediatrician if they are giving them to her as a precaution or b/c they really think she has an infection. That way you would know for sure. HTH and hope your DD is feeling better in no time.
Angie Luckiest Lady in the world. Married to SAHD Justin , Mama to Jaden 10/10/03 and triplets Jeremiah , Jaren , Giavanna 09/15/05 and Gabrielle 08/12/13. We are one big, happy, Jesus loving family!!
Shadowwolf549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:20 PM   #13
mom_of_3g_1b
Registered Users
seller

RSV is a lower respiratory virus so it doesn't usually start with a runny nose and stuff. Wheezing and difficulty breathing is a sign. Ear infections can also be caused by the RSV virus.

Bronchiolitis just means that the Bronchii (the branches of the breathing tubes in the lungs) are inflammed. The pulmocort will help with the inflammation.

I hope your little one feels better soon. I've been through this many times this winter and it sucks.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:12 AM   #14
snangel
Registered Users

My Mood:

RSV is the leading cause of bronciolitis.
http://www.cdc.gov/nip/publications/..._pink_full.htm

RSV can become very severe. Also to see allergy's of a seasonal type in a baby that young is beyond rare. Take care of her, and you! Ask that they do the nasal swab test to see if it is RSV.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:36 AM   #15
jkelstaten
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by snangel View Post
Also to see allergy's of a seasonal type in a baby that young is beyond rare.
Very true. I find it odd that they even suggested that it was the problem originally. However, my children have developed symptoms that mimicked seasonal allergies when they were actually reacting to a food.

I agree with the pp that said the bronc. was probably caused by the symptoms (runny nose, etc.) lasting for so long.

So anyways, I wouldn't rule out food allergies as causing all of it. When we were having issues, I was told to write down exactly what the girls ate so that I could pinpoint the causes. (i have a bad memory so just trying to recall what foods I fed them didn't work for me )
Old 04-10-2007, 09:40 AM   #16
blueyed_boys
Registered Users

Pulmicourt is a very very low dose of steroids I would recomend giving to her now if it gets worse they will put her on liquid which is way higher does of steroids. I hope she feels better !
blueyed_boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:54 AM   #17
serinat
Registered Users
seller

I just wanted to say that if you have any concerns about RSV, just ask for a swab. Trust your instincts; it's better to be wrong than to regret it later.

My second daughter got RSV in April 2005, when she was 3 weeks old. I took her to the doctor several times in a row, and they kept telling me she had reflux and was aspirating. They were kind enough to tell me I could come back as often as I wanted, and they would keep checking her, but I don't think they took me seriously. I knew something was wrong with her; she couldn't breathe well.

It all came to a head with a very scary car ride during which we almost lost her. I'm so thankful to God that we made it to the children's hospital in time.

It's usually not that scary, especially in older babies. I just want to encourage other moms to trust their instincts and be persistent with health care professionals.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:01 PM   #18
southernmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I totally agree. Our situation was similar even though our baby was a little older. When you see your child literally slipping away, it is unimaginable.

MAMA to 4 GIRLS- 12/96, 12/03, 4/05, 12/06
and my baby boy who waits in heaven with Jesus (2/17/03-2/18/03)

Old DS Feedback
southernmama is offline   Reply With Quote