Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-09-2007, 09:42 AM   #1
kaibinks
Banned

Question BG 1.0 or 2.0?

Which one do you perfer? why?

I have tried the 2.0 and I like it A LOT, but I haven't tried the 1.0 and I have found a lot of great deals on them

Advertisement

kaibinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:55 AM   #2
allye
Technicial girl extraordinaire
seller

My Mood:
Re: BG 1.0 or 2.0?

I prefer the 2.0 honestly. It holds a ton more than the 1.0

Allye:: Mama to 5 ::
allye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:56 AM   #3
yellowcampcat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have both types of pockets and don't see much of a diff, really, except for nylon vs pul.
haven't tried the aio's though.

Last edited by yellowcampcat; 04-09-2007 at 09:58 AM.
yellowcampcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:02 AM   #4
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Are you interested in pockets or AIO's?

I have had AIO's in both types and found they aborb the same (soakers are the same in both from what I gather) I like the pul because it is very soft but didn't like that it snags really easy and it gets icky looking if you keep it in the diaper bag..the nylon I liked because pants slide up easily,stays clean in the diaper bag and NONE of my nylon ones ever got snags or ripped places like the pul ones did.

I like both but prefer the 1.0's

Last edited by ~happy2Bamommy~; 04-09-2007 at 10:04 AM.
~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:20 AM   #5
BRIDEN
Registered Users
Formerly: brveille
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have used both and prefer the 2.0s only because I can wash them in hot water. But I havent seen much of a difference in absorbency. I use the same CB inserts for both..
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaibinks View Post
Which one do you perfer? why?

I have tried the 2.0 and I like it A LOT, but I haven't tried the 1.0 and I have found a lot of great deals on them
Old 04-09-2007, 10:30 AM   #6
iheartruiner
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I prefer the 2.0's because of the PUL outter. It's softer and more flexible than the nylon outter, plus I wash by hand the PUL dries MUCH faster than the nylon.

Otherwise, they work the same for us, less some wicking issues that I have with the 1.0's, but I'm stripping the dipes as I type this.

GalleryBlogFan Page!
iheartruiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:10 PM   #7
Sanche
Registered Users
seller

I like the 1.0 because I like the nylon-type material better.

Ebay Feedback

Will you wear a gold ribbon for childhood cancer?
Sanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 04:50 PM   #8
codiaper
Registered Users
seller

First, let me say that BG are my favorite pocket diaper. The fit my 2 DS's perfectly and they are different ages, builds and sizes. To answer your question, I find that the 1.0 and 2.0 versions each have their own advantages. I think that the 1.0 nylon is more durable and less likely to snag as pp said. However, I really like that I can wash the 2.0's in hot water, which simplifies my washing routine. It all comes down to your personal preference and needs. I guess that I can't really choose one over the other.
codiaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 06:05 PM   #9
Ali
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I like both. I love my 1.0s. I don't like doing separate washes so I wash them in hot water and have for 6 months and they still all look and work great, but I do always hang them dry but they are always dry by the next morning so it isn't a big deal. I actually think that being forced to hang dry them makes them look and hold up better over time.

However I think the 2.0s look better overall. They look softer and now the snaps are colored the same as the pul.

I've noticed no difference in absorbancy in either the 1.0s or 2.0s. I think if you find a great deal on the 1.0s go for it, but I would make sure they are the 1.0s w/ the updated tabs.

Ali is offline   Reply With Quote