Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-30-2010, 05:27 PM   #41
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: this is crazy... i'm preg with twins and don't want to have a c-section

First, having twins does NOT mean an automatic c-section. Definitely make your voice heard over that one. I delivered my twins vaginally, but I reiterated at EACH appointment that I did not want a c-section unless it was an absolute emergency.

Secondly, I have a dear friend who also suffers from a clotting disorder and had to do daily shots during her pregnancy. In her case, she had a rather small window from the time she would have to wean herself off of her injections and began taking an oral medication and when she would deliver so she did have an induction date, BUT I totally don't see how that would mean c-section?! Sounds crazy!

With that said though I will tell you that EVERYONE in the entire world will just automatically expect you to be having a c-section b/c so many twin births occur that way. I had an extra drs appt made for me after my birth b/c they assumed I was sectioned and they were all set to check my incision before they realized I didn't have one! Random strangers will see my twins and want to talk c-section recovery with me so I wouldn't worry too much about what the nurse said at this point. It is just very "expected" that a c-section will happen, but it doesn't mean it will!

Lisa ~ Momma to Cole, twins Evan & Grant, and NEW TWINS Paige and Nolan born 1/15/12
3MonkeysMomma is offline   Reply With Quote