Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-16-2010, 07:07 AM   #1
DaphneAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Northwest Indiana Moms! Does anyone know of a good doula??

I live in NW Indiana and am due in March with our second child. I really want a different birth experience this time and am sold on a doula, but just can't really afford the one that I want

Does anyone know of someone who might be more affordable? Or someone possibly trying to earn their hours??

Thanks, mamas!! I would really appreciate any input...due date is sneaking up so quickly on me!

Advertisement

DaphneAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:22 AM   #2
DazzleMea
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Northwest Indiana Moms! Does anyone know of a good doula??

check out dona.org, alldoulas.com, and findadoula.com...There was another site, but it's apparently no longer running...Which makes me really sad, because that's how I found my doula trainee. And for not being certified and no children of her own, she was awesome!
Meagan: Married to Dan since 4.24.03 Mom to Dia (2.15.04) , Dillinger (9.26.07), Little Fish #3 EDD July 30th, and 4 in our s
DazzleMea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:14 AM   #3
Little Stitch
Registered Users
Formerly: bjoyyoder
seller

My Mood:
Re: Northwest Indiana Moms! Does anyone know of a good doula??

I'm from NWI too!
I delivered at St. Anthony in Crown Point and I know that they have a FREE Doula service. I called and spoke with the head of the Doula program when I was like 8 mo preg. with my DS. She was very nice - but since it is a free/volunteer service - you are not guaranteed that there will actually be a doula available when you go into labor. I didn't end up having one - but that was fine with me b/c labor went VERY WELL with just my husband as coach (Bradley method)! It was an amazing 100% natural drug-free birth! That was a lot thanks to the atmosphere at St. Anthony, and the fact that they have a birthing tub in EVERY room!! I didn't deliver in the tub (b/c my DR wouldn't allow!) but the tub was AMAZING and VERY HELPFUL for labor!!!

So - if you by chance have St. Anthony as an option - I HIGHLY recommend it!
Otherwise, Dona.org is a good resource.
I don't know if there are other hospitals in the area with a volunteer Doula program - I think that is pretty rare....

BTW - My DD's name is Adeline also!!! And she was born in March too (2007)!!!
Little Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote