Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-09-2006, 11:09 AM   #11
Sarah0903
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Are teeny-tiny dipes worth it?

I didnt Cd Mia when she was little. When I have my next I plan on doing the pf and covers until the baby gets big enought to proabably be in a medium. The NB and Smalls they just aren't in very long. Mia was 8 lbs 13 ounces, so she was too big for NB sposies when she was born. She was into a size 2 by 6 weeks old.

Advertisement

Old 06-09-2006, 11:53 AM   #12
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

I had the opposite experience; my guy was 8 lbs even at birth and fit wonderfully into newborn diapers. Could be his body shape--long & lean. He wore his newborn dipes (mostly Kissaluv 0s) until he was 2 months old and 13 lbs. He still had room to go, as they were on the 2nd to last snap setting, but at that point he was soaking through them too quickly.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:33 PM   #13
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

OK, I know there have been a few threads recently about everyone's favorite NB dipes...now I just have to go and look. For those who are in the market, www.clothdiaperexchange.com has a bunch of small fitteds for under $5. Some greedy person might have just bought most of the boyish aplix ones () but I I mean *she* left the girly/gn ones and the snap ones. Oh yeah, and Kally is super nice, ships FAST and offers free shipping for DS mamas with the code DSDPmommas.

Enjoy!
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 04:40 PM   #14
hippydippymama
Registered Users
seller

I didn;t CD DS until he was 3 months old so we never used any NB dipes. I sewed a whole stash for my sister who is due next month, but I bought her some PFs off Ebay to use until her baby grows into them. It took me two months to sew a OS stash, I wasn't about to take another two months to sew an entire NB stash that will get outgrown in just a few weeks! I got my own dipes to sew too ya know!
hippydippymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 04:53 PM   #15
boodsadel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It is TOTALLY worth it in my opinion! They don't wear them for long, but they fit so well on them, and contain everything. We didn't have ONE blowout! We even took them all to the hospital, and are so happy we did. I had a ton of newborn and small stuff, too.

And, let me tell ya, you get almost every penny you put in back out of them. They are only used for so long, so they are in great condition when you sell them. They really only end up costing you a couple dollars when you think about it!
boodsadel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 05:15 PM   #16
Termie
Registered Users
seller

7#1oz-er and skinny at that! He was amost 7wk before his smalls (pockets) fit really well. We used our dozen KL 0s and had to wash almost every day!!
Termie is offline   Reply With Quote