Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-04-2006, 11:41 PM   #21
Registered Users
Re: When breatfeeding hurts... *HELP*

I had a similar issue and it turned out I had trush on one nipple and not the other! It's something to check into if you think your little one is latching on correctly. I also remember it hurting at first (sometimes so much I wanted to screm when she latched on!) even when her latch was correct before the thrush. Hang in there Mama!

emmiebaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 08:45 AM   #22
Formerly: Boomer
My Mood:

Same thing with me! Both breasts hurt, but my right side was worse. I also had the bleeding and scabbed over nipples. It really does get better! Just really watch her latch. My left side stopped hurting after a few weeks, but my right side took almost 6 weeks to fully heal.
A real woman always has a clean house, an empty laundry basket, smells good, is well made-up, slim, healthy, eloquent, and perfectly well behaved...I suspect I am a man.
Psychomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 12:37 AM   #23
Registered Users

My babies preferred on breast over the other in the beginning bc it was easier to latch onto. One of my nipples is bigger so it made it harder for them. Once they get the hang of it though, it is a breeze.
Heidi - wife to John and SAHM to Andrew 9/4/96, Liz 12/4/98, Caleb 9/2/03, Aaron & Glory 10/20/05 and Madison 12/5/07 VBAC (born in the water!)
Sun City Babywearers co-leader
1bigfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 06:19 PM   #24
Registered Users
My Mood:

I'm right there too- Paul will be 4 wks on Monday, just when things seemed to be healing and going better, they got worse again. Definitely worse on one side. Thanks to everyone's response, as I need to hear them too!!!

How does one get checked for Thrush?

Still trying.............

One of my fears is that I need to start him on a bottle soon, as I will need to return to work 1-2 days a week in July.
MSweeten is offline   Reply With Quote