Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-13-2007, 07:18 AM   #1
jendodson
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wool Mamas Help! and SPAM me too!

**HELP**

I am wondering what recommendations you ladies have for me on what the best night time route is for my two boys? Fitted recommendations, or PF and what kind of Wool?

Here is my problem.... both of my boys are just soaking at night! I am not familiar with wool - I just bought my 6mo. DS two recycled shorties from Jenn's cat meow, but haven't used them since I am waiting on some FSOT fitteds, and lost the pins that Jenn sent me for the PF

Anyways....

My 6mo. DS wears pockets, and is soaked through his two MF towels and a doubler by the early AM hours!!!

My 3.5 year old (who may PT by the age of 10 ) wears a MOE Overnight WITH a terry doubler/folded in half- or a FB with a couple of MF and doubler.... and is still wet....

So, I am thinking maybe Wool would be our best option?????

My 6mo. measurements are:
17" waist
15" rise
11" thigh

my 3.5 year old measures:
23" waist
19" rise
13" thigh

If any moms out there have something that would contain my super soakers and would fit my boys that they are looking to get rid of - please SPAM me! (BTW- I can't spend a fortune! )

My older DS would do best in a soaker or shorties, he is a heavy sweater at night.... my youngest co-sleeps or is in his swing.... so soaker, shorties or longies would work for him!

Thanks mamas! (sorry this is so LONG!)

Advertisement

SAHM to DS (7/8/03) and DS#2 (9/28/06)
jendodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:19 AM   #2
leobaby04
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Wool Mamas Help! and SPAM me too!

I'm sure you'll get tons of recommendations since they're are tons of wool lovers out here.

I don't have any answers, just wanted to say that I've heard crochet is better than knit for night-time because it is done more tightly and there is more yarn used
leobaby04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:23 AM   #3
GoddessWifeMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was looking at the Baby It's You website yesterday and trying to decide whether to buy ALL day long.

Anyway they have SUPER cute wool covers that are supposed to be AWESOME and then she makes contours that are supposed to be night worthy. They say they can hold 15oz of liquid.

So I picked up a cover from FSOT here and I think I'm going to try a contour in it for night.

Not sure if it would work for you but just thought I would mention it.

With my DD we just use a Premium PF with 2 Preemie PF's trifolded inside a little slip of cut up fleece blanket next to her skin. Snappi it and cover it with a Crat and it lasts for 14+ hours that she sleeps.

She's a SUPER DUPER soaker that wet's once at night and it's like the flood gates opened.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:37 AM   #4
cotton_jmb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well mama I don't really have anything at the moment to offer you, but I'd suggest using a Large Aristocrat for the little one and I've been having great luck using Fleece Pockets for my son and he's a super heavy wetter too. Try using windpro I think Snap-EZ (I don't know much about them, but they have awesome reviews) with the side snapping Fleece pocket might work for your older one. Make sure the fleece is made from Polartec Windpro and try using a microfiber insert on top of some hemp or prefolds as inserts. He may just need more absorbency. Might be a bit bulky but it would be nice for him and everything around to be nice and dry. HTH!
Old 04-13-2007, 07:43 AM   #5
stephlynnette
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Crats or the cheaper version of them, Babyology soakers from ebay. They've got a double layer in the body of the soaker, and will hold back a flood.

OC Dreameze with a doubler, plus Babyology soakers/longies, hold Logan overnight without any trouble. Plus they're not outrageous. I've got one VBSN that's awesome, but 16.95 vs. $27 and up for a nighttime diaper? I'll pick the $10 cheaper one every time!
stephlynnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:46 AM   #6
jendodson
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ok, I have homework to do

I need to look up all these good recommendations!!
SAHM to DS (7/8/03) and DS#2 (9/28/06)
jendodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:56 AM   #7
gaelicgoddess
Registered Users
seller

I stocked some wool soakers yesterday:
http://hyenacart.com/gaelicgardenknits

The small is knit with a bulky Nirvana (BFL/merino), the medium with BFL Aran, and the large with 2ply BFL. Those yarns should hold up pretty well at night. Targhee and Lindon Merino are two other yarns I love for nighttime.

I love pairing a good nighttime fitted with my wool. It is the best nighttime system I have tried and stuck with. I love nighttime fitteds like Tush, FCB Nightlights, Lullaby Dreams, and Holden's Landing BedBugs. I was thinking of putting up a FCB Nightlight (size 2) in FSOT. Let me know if you are interested in it.
mom to Nolan (7), Conor (6), and Alana (2)
gaelicgoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:03 AM   #8
gaelicgoddess
Registered Users
seller

Just thought of something else....

I have a 3.5yr old who is daytrained, but still wears a pull-on fitted and wool at night for accidents. The best option I have found for him under his wool is a pull-on fitted from Zoom Baby Gear. It holds up really well for his occasional floods.
mom to Nolan (7), Conor (6), and Alana (2)
gaelicgoddess is offline   Reply With Quote