Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-10-2010, 06:15 PM   #41
specialdelivery
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Random Pantry Idea Challenge Game

My BIL reduces balsamic vinegar by about 1/2 (simmer it until there's only 1/2 left) and pours it over sweet potato fries.
Fries:
Peel and chop sweet potatoes into 1/4 inch rectangles. Put in bag and shake with olive oil, sea salt and freshly gorund pepper. Bake at 375* for ~30 minutes or until done. Drizzle the reduction over the top!

Advertisement

Mama to Ria 5/08, Wyatt 10/14/11 and expecting #3 in April.
specialdelivery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:21 PM   #42
2LittleLadys
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ohh this is a great topic!! Here are a few cans that I have and am sick of the same old same old.

I have Black Beans, Kidney Beans, White Beans and Salsa Verde. Please no chili's or mexican foods. (I am married to mexican and while I love it I am sick of it haha!) Oh and no meat products or can use "fake" meat in place of!

Thanks
Old 02-10-2010, 07:36 PM   #43
Hands&Fire Pottery
Registered Users
Formerly: hello2000
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LittleLadys View Post
Ohh this is a great topic!! Here are a few cans that I have and am sick of the same old same old.

I have Black Beans, Kidney Beans, White Beans and Salsa Verde. Please no chili's or mexican foods. (I am married to mexican and while I love it I am sick of it haha!) Oh and no meat products or can use "fake" meat in place of!

Thanks
How about three bean salad? Beans, vinegar, oil, onion, celery, red pepper, and a little sugar. Marinate and serve cold.
Hands&Fire Pottery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:26 PM   #44
Ducko
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

For pastry flour I can only think of unhealthy items: waffles, crapes, cake. Anything you want super fluffy.

Canned Pumpkin: Soup. Pumpkin and butternut squash soup. Yumm. I also like canned pumpkin with cream cheese whipped together and spread on bread or fancy crackers.

I have several quart jars of super tart applesauce. My parents canned some applesauce and I can't stand the taste because it's all too tart to eat without tons of sugar. I don't like adding that much sugar to it.

Wife to Eric. SAHM to Gray (6/08) and Seth (4/10)
Ducko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:50 PM   #45
GandH'sMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have several quart jars of super tart applesauce. My parents canned some applesauce and I can't stand the taste because it's all too tart to eat without tons of sugar. I don't like adding that much sugar to it.[/QUOTE]

You can use applesauce in place of oil in muffins and many cakes
Old 02-11-2010, 08:54 AM   #46
Geckmumto3
Registered Users

My Mood:

I was going to say that about the applesauce. Use it in baking, in place of oil.

Black beans- we make a dish with baked chicken breasts- put a little tomato sauce on top of each one and a bit of shredded mozza cheese. Serve with rice and black beans on the side and a salad. For some reason the combo is delicious.
Geckmumto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:16 AM   #47
jamiejo
Registered Users
seller

the beans,
brown an onion
put all 3 cans of beans in a crockpot with the onion. ( i sausage and use a slightly different combo of beans, but this should work great)
add 1 tbs ketchup
1 tbs molasses
1 tbs bbq sauce
1 tsp chili powder
salt and pepper to taste
cook on low for about 4 hours
Old 02-11-2010, 05:53 PM   #48
hypmommy3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands&Fire Pottery View Post
I thought it might be fun to get some ideas going on things that we have in our pantries that we don't know what to do with. To play, I will post an ingredient in my pantry that I just don't know what to do with. If you have an idea, please post it, and then post your ingredient that you aren't sure what to do with. Hopefully we can clear out those random things that have been hanging out in our pantries.

To Start! My ingredient is Whole Wheat Couscous. I would like an idea for my toddler and myself for lunch as I don't think I can convince my husband on this one.

TIA!
We throw some Green Bell Peppers on the grill after marinating in B. Vinegar and oil w/seasonings. We then chop up the peppers thick and lay them over a bed of couscous. You can do this with any one of your favorite vegetables.

Here's mine Oat Bran?
hypmommy3 is offline   Reply With Quote