Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-10-2010, 09:31 PM   #21
Katylynn2000
Registered Users
seller

Re: Who uses flushable liners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by annieinballard View Post
Hi there -

Still new to CD'ing. What are people doing with the fleece they are cutting up and using as liners? Are they just throwing them away when they are poopy?
bump!

Advertisement

Katylynn2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 06:47 PM   #22
divabeadz
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: In a turn of the century farmhouse with my 2 favorite people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by divabeadz View Post
Oooh, I love this idea! I always wished there was an alternative to using them once then tossing them because in all honesty, almost all of the brands are pretty strong. I haven't converted to cloth wipes yet and I have a brand new huge box of Pampers wipes which are sturdy...not quite as thick and sturdy as Huggies but sturdy enough I am sure they'd withstand at least one washing. Can they be washed in with the cd's or is there any danger of that causing the cd's to repell?
Alright, so I gave this a try...the Pampers wipes that I used just to wipe babies bottom (pee not poop) I threw in the wash...and they came out a mess. They were like when you throw a kleenex tissue in the wash. Oh well.
divabeadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:28 PM   #23
Liam'sMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use Imse Vimse and Bummis BioSoft. The Imse Vimse work well and are great because you can wash and reuse them a few times if they haven't been pooped on. The Bummis are great because they are sooooo soft. I'm torn because the Imse Vimse do get softer as you wash them. Another mama suggested washing them once before ever using them so they are softer when you use them on your LO. I haven't tried that yet but may. The Bummis definitely do NOT stand up to washing. Learned that one the hard way and spent time pulling bits of them out of velcro. But they do work for catching poo and are very soft from the get go.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:03 PM   #24
groovybaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by annieinballard View Post
Still new to CD'ing. What are people doing with the fleece they are cutting up and using as liners? Are they just throwing them away when they are poopy?
Generally you don't throw a fleece liner away, they go right in the wash with the diapers. It is a lot easier to get poop off a reusable liner than off a diaper - just shake over the toilet and swish or spray what's left!. I am currently using Motherease stay-dry liners - they are a lot wider and longer than most of the fleece liners I've seen/used, and they tend to stay in place a lot better. I gave up on flushable liners long ago as they always tended to bunch up, making it kind of redundant if you're using them for ease of clean up purposes.
groovybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:05 PM   #25
karabeth05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i do i tried a couple brands and settled on the tiny tush...they're definitely flushable & breakdown in the toilet so i don't stress about actually flushing them and they're twice as big as they need to be so i cut them in half and get double from the roll!

have you seen the One Happy Baby Diaper Pattern?
karabeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:44 AM   #26
krispy79
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I used flushable liners during the peanut butter poop phase, now I only use them when DS is sick and has yucky poop. Otherwise I use fleece liners and just dump (poop rolls right off of them).

Is Someone Hurting you? You can talk to me 1.800.838.8238
krispy79 is offline   Reply With Quote