Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-12-2010, 08:56 PM   #1
Registered Users
Need Suggestions For a Wheat Free, Low Sugar First Birthday Cake!!

My lo's birthday is coming up soon and I am trying to figure out a good wheat free, low sugar (maybe dairy free?) cake/muffin recipe.

She's currently on a wheat free diet (she's 8.5 months) because I am worried about allergies after having her break out in a full body rash *possibly* from bits of bread people were feeding her. She is also not having egg, dairy or any refined sugars. She is pretty much just eating some fruit/veggie purees, brown rice/brown rice puffs, she's had some rice rusks, and also a teeny bit of oatmeal made with water.

I'm going to be making some regular cupcakes for the party guests but I don't feel like her little system would handle the wheat, egg, dairy, and sugar that is in normal cake. I would LOVE to find a good allergy friendly recipe and/or some good info about lo's with allergies and when/how to introduce possible allergens.

Thanks mamas

Happy to be mama to my sweet little home birthed, breastfed, extended rear facing, co-sleeping, cloth diapered, snuggled and loved baby girl Havana Desai 5-18-09
Blessed to be mama to my little Angel Teya Mackenzie born into heaven on 3-27-08
looking8186 is offline   Reply With Quote