Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-01-2010, 08:18 AM   #21
fluffybutt
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Virus/Malware Reports - Please post here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
You should run a scan on your PC to pick up whatever is there - ensure your AV is updated.

There is no one making you 'feel' that you supposed to buy a subscription - not the case. The members who have chosen to be a site supporter do so by themselves.

In fact if you have been keeping updated on the changes around here you would notice that the amount of reports have decreased and people can have a safe browsing experience here. We have made it a priority to eliminate these problems.

This thread was created to track reports, not people's past experiences or issues. If you have a current virus report, please post it. Anything that is not a report will be deleted so we can keep on top of the people who are currently having issues.
Seriously? My issues didn't happen until AFTER the update.

Advertisement

fluffybutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:21 AM   #22
Admin
Administrator ~The Tech Admin~
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymommy View Post
This is the only site we suspect of causing the infections. I am sorry I don't know enough about it to give you any helpful info. That doesn't really seem fair to me either, but I love the site enough to do anything that will allow me to use at home again other than from a public computer. Thanks for working hard on this problem.
Based on the reports over the last few weeks there have not been any outbreaks and you can return to the site.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:24 AM   #23
Admin
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffybutt View Post
Seriously? My issues didn't happen until AFTER the update.
Please provide the date, time and any useful information.. There might be a log in your AV software.

Also, have you had any issues SINCE then.

Thanks.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:22 PM   #24
3girlsallnaughty
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We use the AVG Anti-Virus Free version that my computer tech installed and no problems ever??? Hmmm, I don't kow. We're good here

It's a Boy!! Due April 30th!!
3girlsallnaughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:36 AM   #25
ClothDiaperMePlease
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?p=9538982

Someone started a thread about more virus issues.
The midwife considers the miracle of childbirth as normal, and leaves it alone unless there's trouble. The obstetrician normally sees childbirth as trouble. If he leaves it alone, it's a miracle.-Sheila Stubbs
ClothDiaperMePlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 05:47 PM   #26
littlemunchkie09
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

so I dunno if its the virus or what but my computer will jsut shut down and then restart and it will say like crash...something something. But when it comes back up everythign is fine. Nothing seems to be lost but it only happens when Im on DS. So is this the virus?
Old 02-15-2010, 06:11 PM   #27
Admin
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemunchkie09 View Post
so I dunno if its the virus or what but my computer will jsut shut down and then restart and it will say like crash...something something. But when it comes back up everythign is fine. Nothing seems to be lost but it only happens when Im on DS. So is this the virus?
Doesn't sound like it.. Typically malware or viruses try to download themselves to your computer and ask you to run a 'virus scan' of sorts.

Is there any particular page you are on when this happens? Also does Windows say it's shutting down, or does the screen just blank and restart?
Old 02-16-2010, 08:54 PM   #28
mrsarbogast
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemunchkie09 View Post
My computer did EXACTLY the same thing every day for a week. If it wasn't doing that, it was locking everything up which forced me to hard reset the system. Ridiculous!

eta that I get a blue screen asking me to scan all of my drives before windows boots up.

I sooo can't wait to buy my Mac!

Last edited by mrsarbogast; 02-16-2010 at 08:57 PM. Reason: add information
mrsarbogast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:41 AM   #29
silvaheyes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've been getting blue screens when I visit the site at times. I have to reboot which is annoying.. It's been doing it for a couple of months now and it's ONLY this site that does it.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:00 AM   #30
MommaPierce
Registered Users
seller

Location: Born and raised in sunny Florida, currently in Ft Lewis Wa, forever wherever the army sends us....
My Mood:

I just had a virus completely attack my computer and had to take it to geek squad to be removed, which took 5 days and 160 bucks, which is before the new software was added in (another 60). I wasnt sure where it was from, but this is the site I most often go to and my issue sounds familiar to the others posted here, and the antivirus thing popped up when I was on DS. This was last Tuesday Feb 9th I believe. I dont know what to send in that would help you figure out the issue, I have the geek squad report? Havent had any issues since then....

Nathan Conner 11/17/11 9 pounds 5 ounces 22 inches long
Hayden Taylor 08/23/09 8 pounds 15 ounces 22 1/2 inches long

And... my family is complete!
MommaPierce is offline   Reply With Quote