Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-17-2010, 08:43 AM   #1
jewelzbird
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question Ectopic? UTI? What's wrong with me?

Well 10 months in to this TTC journey I am having issues. I had a very strong cycle this month with some very powerful acupuncture, herbs, and ovulation indicators/pain. Now I am due for AF any day (or hopefully not!! ) Tested yesterday (CD23...I have short cycles) and got a BFN. It could have been too early though. The problem is I have been having weird pain in my abdomen for about 4 days. It is dull and achy almost easy to ignore during the day...but at night I can't ignore it so I am not getting any sleep (also thanks to my son's cold!) It seems to be getting worse so I made the earliest OBGYN apt for tomorrow (Thurs). They said to go to emergency if I think I have an emergency situation. At first I thought it was a bladder UTI thing. I have been taking cranberry pills and it is not going away. This usually works for me. Now I am wondering if it could be an ectopic pregnancy. Anyone ever had one? Does the pain come on gradually over days or is it sudden and sharp? I don't want to lose a tube! Problem is I just changed insurance so I have no regular doc at this point. Not a good time to be a new patient with no relationship or trust in a new doctor. UGH! Advice mamas??

Advertisement

Last edited by jewelzbird; 02-17-2010 at 11:22 AM.
jewelzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:51 AM   #2
Squig'sMumMum
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Ectopic? UTI? What's wrong with me?

My first pregnancy was ectopic. It was gradual pain that got worse... Until my tube did finally rupture and then it was sharp and sudden, and got worse over days until it hurt to breath. I had been told at 6 weeks I had a miscarriage, at that point I had cramping and spotting. 10 weeks was when they finally realized something else was going on... I ended up losing my right tube.
I would advise you to follow your OB's advice and get to the ER and demand an ultrasound.
And hope that you get a doctor who knows what they are doing! Because I went to the ER at 6 weeks when the bleeding started and they did the ultrasound and bloodwork, said there was fluid in my tube from ovulation and that there was no baby to be seen in the uterus, so either I was wrong on my dates or there was no pregnancy. That 'fluid' was actually my baby

ETA: I had two negative tests at home before getting a positive at 5 weeks. Bloodwork did confirm after the home positive, but hCG levels were really low and didn't double like they should have.

If there are any typos or grammatical errors I was probably NAK, apologies in advance!

Last edited by Squig'sMumMum; 02-17-2010 at 09:53 AM.
Squig'sMumMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:52 AM   #3
MommyKeller0107
Registered Users
seller

You should get a positive test even with ectopic... but it may just be some kind of random pain not associated with TTC. It's good that you got in to the Dr for tomorrow, just to be safe!

ETA: I wouldn't expect pain at this point in an ectopic pregnancy - the baby would've just implanted a few days ago and wouldn't be big enough yet to cause any issues. *I don't think.* (I may be wrong about that)

L0Ri K

MAMA T0 KADE (1/07)
LEVi (09/10)!

:: & RUBY ♥ ::

Last edited by MommyKeller0107; 02-17-2010 at 09:54 AM.
MommyKeller0107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:11 AM   #4
jewelzbird
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks mamas...you 2 are exactly who I was hoping to hear from...
Other advice welcome too though!

Last edited by jewelzbird; 02-17-2010 at 11:20 AM.
jewelzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:24 AM   #5
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
Formerly: lovnbabygabi
seller

My Mood:

It sounds like an ovarian cyst. A dull aching pain that can get worse at times right where your ovaries would be. I thought I had a UTI too and I remember driving back from the beach in tears b/c it hurt so badly. I had just had an m/c so I thought something may be left behind. I had a u/s done and it was a cyst. They're nothing to fear and will rupture on their own probably with your next AF.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:49 PM   #6
elizabeth429
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovnbabygabi View Post
It sounds like an ovarian cyst. A dull aching pain that can get worse at times right where your ovaries would be. I thought I had a UTI too and I remember driving back from the beach in tears b/c it hurt so badly. I had just had an m/c so I thought something may be left behind. I had a u/s done and it was a cyst. They're nothing to fear and will rupture on their own probably with your next AF.
I agree it's likely you have a cyst on your ovary. It's super common and can be very painful. If you are worried, and the pain keeps getting worse, I wouldn't hesitate going to the ER. They should be able to do an ultrasound and rule out ectopic for you. Hope you feel better soon!

Our Blog: Small Hands Inspired.
elizabeth429 is offline   Reply With Quote