Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-16-2010, 11:32 PM   #1
jakeandpeytonsmom
Registered Users
seller

help me please, im so new and lost.

i am new here also and i am very new at tracking my chart. i dont even know if any of this is possible but i ended my period on sat, we bd on sunday at around 1:00 so im not sure if that's considered monday. but then yesterday i noticed ovulation pains on my left side but thought no i think its too early to be ovulating for me. then today my temp went up a lot, i had the creamy cm and the pain again so i took a opk test at around 9:00am and got a faint second line, again at noon, another faint line, then again at 2 same faint line but a bit darker. 8 a much darker second line but not as dark as the control line so i wasnt sure it counted. then i just took another one at 10 and the line is more faint again so i took a dollar tree one and it was negative. ugh! i have no idea what to make of all of this, we werent even going to ttc until june i was just trying to get my cycles down but im a little excited wondering if i could be ovulating right now if theres a chance i could have gotten pregnant, is that possible?

Advertisement

jakeandpeytonsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:14 AM   #2
sassybean
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: help me please, im so new and lost.

I am no pro like some of the ladies on here, but I would say that you are probably not pg yet. But I would be dtd like a crazy woman for the next week if I were you! GL and keep us posted
*For all the people out there who say "Why buy the cow when the milk is free" here's a little news flash for ya...80% of women today are against marriage, why, because they realize it's not worth buying a whole pig just to get a little sausage!*

Last edited by sassybean; 02-17-2010 at 06:52 PM.
sassybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:46 AM   #3
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Depending on how long your cycles are, it is possible to ovulate right after AF has ended. If your cycle is too short though, you could not be releasing mature eggs. Follicular growth begins right after AF starts. Depending on how much estrogen gets released and absorbed, how much each follicle grows, and if the follicle can get to 18 mm in time, you can release a mature egg within about 10 days.

You cannot test for the LH surge if you are actually 'o'ing or have 'o'ed. The hormone a LH strip tests for is lutenizing hormone. This is released about 12-48 hours before you actually release an egg, so you would have missed this surge if ovulation already happened. Also, your tests are negative, as the test line must be at least as dark as teh control There is no such thing as almost positive with LH strips, it is all or nothing. They are either positive or negative - yours sounds negative. Also you should only tests with OPKs once per day with your second urine of the day.

You will need to tell me how you are temping for me to get an accurate picture. Are you temping vaginally or orally? Do you temp at the exact same time each day? Do you do it with a minimum of 4 hours of continual sleep?
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:29 AM   #4
jakeandpeytonsmom
Registered Users
seller

i test every morning orally every morning before i get out of bed at around 7:00 am. i normally have a pretty normal period, it starts the same exact day every month and it was true for this month but last month it was extra long for some reason and i had my iuc (the no hormone one) out right after. i just started temping last month also so i dont really see a pattern yet. Im thinking of starting to temp vaginally. thank you guys.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:01 PM   #5
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Oral temping can really be tempermental for sure. Just sleeping with your mouth open can mess up your temps. I would start temping vaginally next cycle. The good thing is that you had the Paragaurd, so your fertility should still be good. It is normal to have 2-3 wacky cycles per year, so that could explain the one longer cycle.

Keep BDing and I also recommend an ovulation predictor method like OvaTel as it has a 5 day fertility window and it is easier to read. I like it because you know for sure and there is no line guessing. OPKS can be a real pain when you are still trying to figure it all out. They leave many women second guessing. Plus, they are costly.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:33 PM   #6
jakeandpeytonsmom
Registered Users
seller

thank you so much. im going to go look up the ovatel ones right now. thank you
Old 02-17-2010, 02:35 PM   #7
jakeandpeytonsmom
Registered Users
seller