Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-17-2010, 07:11 AM   #11
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: New Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaPierce View Post
So how early is too early to TTC after having a baby? How long might it take to get AF back on track? I stll have not gotten another period, but I refuse to test because Im sure I'll just see another BFN!
It is too early if you are not ovulating. You may be like me and get AF back (even full time breastfeeding) by 3 months PP, or be like others who have a 2 year old that only nurses at night and still has no AF. Time will tell. I have been using my OvaTel since I stopped bleeding PP. I am having periods, but no ovulation yet. I also track my cycles for length. I got PG with my last baby exactly 6 months PP from my middle boy.

Advertisement

l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:27 AM   #12
Lexy
Registered Users

My Mood:

I got preg. with my first very easily also. Had a miscarriage in June, got preg. in Aug. LOL, then got preg. with my 2nd DS when I was only 12wks. PP. Then I decided to wait until 20wks. pp to try for our 3rd DS and got preg. then. So it was easy with all 3, even with only being 12wks. pp. If I had tried to get preg. with my 3rd when my 2nd was 12wks. I probably could have, but didn't even try. I don't think it's ever TOO early to test....just maybe might take a tad bit longer the earlier you try. As far as when cycle will be on track, I have no idea since I don't even know about my own crappy cycle right now.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:19 AM   #13
MommaPierce
Registered Users
seller

Location: Born and raised in sunny Florida, currently in Ft Lewis Wa, forever wherever the army sends us....
My Mood:

I think I should get an ovulation thing. I was looking at one in Target, what is a good rule of thumb for these things? Are there things to look out for, and what exactly do you test to see if youre ovulating?
MommaPierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:13 AM   #14
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

There are 2 different types of ovulation predictor kits - saliva and urine. OPKs use urine to help you detect the surge of LH (lutenizing hormone) that occurs 12-48 hours prior to ovulation. OvaTel uses saliva to detect your fertility window - 5 days before ovulation.

What you will get will depend on you. I prefer the saliva scope as I do not want to spend money each month on urine sticks. The 3 years it took me to get my 21 month old killed my bank account. I spent at least $11 each month in OPKs. OvaTel cost is once.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:00 AM   #15
MommaPierce
Registered Users
seller

Location: Born and raised in sunny Florida, currently in Ft Lewis Wa, forever wherever the army sends us....
My Mood:

that's a good point mama. Hm... so can I get ovatel somewhere or do I have to order it online from that site?
MommaPierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:42 PM   #16
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

I got it from the site. I will PM you.