Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-18-2010, 12:43 PM   #1
SRUEDU
Registered Users

My Mood:
Making a Moby Wrap

I'm looking for an inexpensive fabric to make a Moby. I don't want to spend big $ on one to find out that my LO hates it. If she does then I can always use the fabric on something else, if I make it. What kind of fabric blend would you ladies suggest? Where would be a good place to search for it.

Thanks!

Advertisement

Old 02-18-2010, 01:31 PM   #2
Koolio11
Registered Users

Re: Making a Moby Wrap

Moby is a stretchy wrap. Jersey is too thin but a strong interlock works. If you like a less stretchy wrap, I've heard of lots of mamas who use osnaburg but I've never seen or tried that since I can't get it here.
Koolio11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:03 PM   #3
SRUEDU
Registered Users

My Mood:

Any ideas on where to find a good interlock? I have a Hancocks nearby, but was looking online and my eyes crossed... There were so many things to look at...

Thanks!
Old 02-18-2010, 10:57 PM   #4
quirkbean
Registered Users
Formerly: ShortStackCustoms
seller

My Mood:

you should try a gauze wrap, you can get it at joanns for ... 5.99 a yd I think? Just just 5, or 5.5 yards, cut down the middle length wise, then hem edges with a sewing machine or serger. when it comes to stretchy wraps, I SOOO prefer a gauze, its not too stretchy, and affordable