Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-08-2006, 10:24 AM   #1
Wendylady
Registered Users

What size should I be looking for?

I'm new to cd'ing, and wanted to make my own diapers for my 7 wk old to save on costs. He was at the dr's last week for a cough and was 12 lbs 2 0z then, but he's got pretty long and skinny arms and legs. He's almost out of size 1 disposables. I'm interested in making pockets, so looking for a pattern for those. I saw the free ones up top on this board but no idea on what size I should go for. Also a pattern for the inserts or a how to on making them would be great. Thanks for any help.

Advertisement

Wendylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 10:45 AM   #2
Merolu
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What size should I be looking for?

I'd go for small, especially if the dipe (like velcro or snappi closure) can be adjusted smaller or larger easily and/or has leg gussets. he's young enough he'll likely be putting on weight pretty quickly but still not enough for a medium yet. Just don't make too many in one size alone, I find that until my kids are 6-9 months old they change size so fast that the clothes they wore the day before wouldn't fit them the next morning.
I was drawn to you post because of your user-name. When my grandmother came to see me after I had my second child, my 2 year old refused to call her Nanny the way everyone else has for 40 years... he called her Wendy-Lady. her name is Carol, lol. he also insisted on calling my sister-in-law Reggie, she's Julia. Seeing your name just brought back some sweet, funny memories for me. Had to share.

Last edited by Merolu; 06-08-2006 at 10:47 AM.
Merolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 10:20 PM   #3
Wendylady
Registered Users

That's really cute. I had some friends that called me that in college and the name has kinda stuck for my usernames and emails ever since. I'll stick with smalls then, thanks. How many should I make per size? I plan to wash every other day.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:46 PM   #4
Merolu
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

this is what I found when I looked it up... I didn't exclusively CD at first, so I am afraid I don't have a personal experience to share. HTH!
http://www.fireflydiapers.com/articl...le_howmany.htm
Merolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 12:49 PM   #5
Wendylady
Registered Users

Yes it does, thank you!