Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2010, 06:58 PM   #11
Ten
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Using Menstrual Cups for TTC

Hm, I hadn't really thought about it before, but if I don't get a BFP this cycle I might get a Diva for next time...

Kimmie, thanks so much for the nuts and bolts - especially about the leakage. I always wondered about that...

Advertisement

*TTC a sticky baby since Jan '15. Hoping DD1 returns to us!*
"Death can't stop True Love - it can only delay it for a while." - The Princess Bride
Ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 08:25 PM   #12
MommyMilktm
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmie_n_angus View Post
I had no idea that the Diva cup sits lower. I knew pH could effect in extreme laboratory conditions, but not invivo. I guess it would depend on how acidic/basic you could get the vagina to be without denaturing ther sperm or irritating the vagina all together. I would love to see more studies on this if you have them. Momma.
Oh yeah, the things that we do to lower the vaginal PH .
So far I've done the following (swaying girl):

Cranberry suppliments - equivalent to 5,000mg fresh fruit twice daily. This lowered my PH dramatically even through ovulation.

Drinking crystal light, this too had a major effect on my PH

Vinegar douche 5 mins before DTD

Rephresh finger tip ever 3 days (this has a PH of 2 and is formulated to attach itself to the walls of the vagina helping to decrease vag PH)

And constant monitoring of vag PH with test strips

It's vital to keep you PH at a level at 4.0/4.5 and under 6.0 to favor x sperm best.

These are only some of the things done for swaying, there are actually 7 tiers and the outcome is best when all 7 are followed.

Sperm survive fine with lime juice and all the other crazy things that theses swaying mamas do to them. They run many experiments over and over on the sperm before making attempts. Usually even for months before attempting. I've never had any irritations from any of it, but some of the women will get irritations and just try a different technique next time.

Visit the ingender.com website there is a boat-load of information on there that I'm sure you will find intriguing

I apologize as I've completely hijacked this thread
♥ Breast Milk Pendants ♥My ISO MommyMilk® Creations ~Nursing/maternity tanks/night shirts, Tutu's, crayon rolls, coffee cozies and more!~ Donate broken crayons to Crayons for Cancer, please PM me for info.
MommyMilktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 05:47 AM   #13
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyMilktm View Post
Oh yeah, the things that we do to lower the vaginal PH .
So far I've done the following (swaying girl):

Cranberry suppliments - equivalent to 5,000mg fresh fruit twice daily. This lowered my PH dramatically even through ovulation.

Drinking crystal light, this too had a major effect on my PH

Vinegar douche 5 mins before DTD

Rephresh finger tip ever 3 days (this has a PH of 2 and is formulated to attach itself to the walls of the vagina helping to decrease vag PH)

And constant monitoring of vag PH with test strips

It's vital to keep you PH at a level at 4.0/4.5 and under 6.0 to favor x sperm best.

These are only some of the things done for swaying, there are actually 7 tiers and the outcome is best when all 7 are followed.

Sperm survive fine with lime juice and all the other crazy things that theses swaying mamas do to them. They run many experiments over and over on the sperm before making attempts. Usually even for months before attempting. I've never had any irritations from any of it, but some of the women will get irritations and just try a different technique next time.

Visit the ingender.com website there is a boat-load of information on there that I'm sure you will find intriguing

I apologize as I've completely hijacked this thread
WOW!! I will have to check that place out. I have had all boys and obviously what you have done above did not lower it enough for me and I would have had to do more You probably have to be very particular. I will surely go check it out as I love new info!
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:08 AM   #14
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller

No probs with hijacking. This has been intriguing too!
Old 02-22-2010, 08:21 AM   #15
msmellissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just wanted to weigh in and say that used the Instead Cups and became pregnant within 2 weeks after months of trying. We don't know the gender of the babe (I REALLY think boy though!) so I couldn't add to the swaying topic. Very interesting though!
Old 02-22-2010, 10:05 AM   #16
EmilyA874
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for posting this, it's really interesting! I'll have to keep it in mind if we don't get our BFP this cycle and use my DC around next cycles O, but hopefully I won't need to! Good luck to you
EmilyA874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:22 AM   #17
LilOutlaws
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yep we are using them.. (I use them for AF too, btw) because we never have time to lay in bed and lounge after DTD lol so I don't have 10 mins extra!

Also I was a surrogate and it's really common for TS' to use ICs to deposit the father's semen when doing home inseminations. It's messless and keeps stuff where it belongs.
(I used IVF btw but I know a lot of them who use the Insteads)
LilOutlaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:23 AM   #18
Skittle
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was using my Diva Cup and will be switching to IC + Preseed. We wanted to start this cycle but I was in the ER last week and they found a small cyst. I have light endometriosis so it's nothing new. I don't know if we should wait or keep going.

Great thread and great info.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:04 PM   #19
Terra76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

WOW!! The stuff you learn around here I have a tilted uterus and didn't think to try a cup. We used preseed and it worked the first time we used it.
Terra76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:11 PM   #20
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller

I saw preseed when I ordered my strips, I got really confused. It works because of the pH because other lubes are not swimmer friendly? I thought about ordering it, but with the DC and the strips and earlier month expenses, my fun money was blown for this moth. Should I order it next month if February wasn't our lucky month?