Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-14-2007, 03:10 PM   #1
stayinhomewithmy6
Registered Users
Formerly: stayinhomewithmy5
seller

My Mood:
I can't wait...

I have been coming to this forum and looking (reading?) around and I'm just feeling so jealous! I can't wait until I actually qualify to be here! I'm not allowed to officially try again until June or July and I'm sort of wondering if any other mamas have stories similar to mine. Here goes:
I had 3 healthy pregnancies in a row, got pregnant very easily each time. Then, when my youngest got old enough, we decided to TTC #4 and got pregnant, right away again, and found out at 10 weeks that there was no heartbeat. I had a D&C (that would be D&C #1, Nov. 2005). The fetal tissue was sent in for a pathology report and came back showing a genetic defect. My doc told me that we could start trying again as soon as we felt ready, so we started TTC again right away and I got pregnant before I had even had a period. I figured all of our bad luck should be behind us and was very excited about this new pregnancy, and found out at 11 1/2 weeks that there was no heartbeat (again... ugh..), so I had another D&C (that would be D&C #2, Mar. 2006). The fetal tissue was sent in for a pathology report and came back showing no defects, but that it was female, and doc said that there is a little disclosure thing when it shows female because they could have accidentally examined mom's tissue instead of baby's tissue. After that, my doc told me that it would be best to wait 3 full cycles before TTC again. I waited & waited and never returned to normal periods. We were not TTC at that point, following doc's advice and waiting, but when my period didn't ever return and I had really heavy bleeding every couple of weeks, I didn't know what else to do, so I took a pregnancy test and it was positive. At that point I had a quant hcg done and it showed that I was about 5 wks along (supposedly) so I went in for an ultrasound to 'date the pregnancy'. What the u/s showed was no pregnancy at all and some weird chunky tissue masses. So, I had a D&C (D&C #3, June '06) to get all of that weird tissue out. It was sent to pathology and came back showing a partial molar pregnancy, which actually meant that the pathology report from m/c #2 must've actually been on MY tissue because it completely missed the fact that it was a partial molar and then the mole started growing again and that is what all that weird tissue was. So, after having a molar pregnancy, I have to have quants done every month and they have to be 'normal' for a whole 12 mos before we can TTC again. It seems like it has taken SO long... it seems like we have been trying for so long, even though I actually was pregnant twice, we still don't have a baby.
Has anyone been through a similar situation and ended up with a baby in the end? I'm very worried that those 3 D&C's so close together could result in an incompetent cervix, but doc assured me that that wouldn't happen and everything will be fine. She really expects my next pregnancy to be normal. And then, as much as I can't wait to TTC again, I'm almost scared to because I'm scared that I will have another m/c. Does anyone else feel that way after having a m/c?
Well, that was a long story. If you made it through that whole thing, to you!

Advertisement

stayinhomewithmy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 02:05 PM   #2
3inclothdiapers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I can't wait...

I cannot relate AT ALL, but wanted to let you know that there's a lady at my church who had a molar and had to wait a year, but then was able to carry a healthy baby to term, and now is pregnant with her 2nd baby since the molar. So, try not to worry!
3inclothdiapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 08:06 PM   #3
melissalaurel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow, you have been though so much. I hope and pray your next pregnancy goes completely smooth.
I have not had a molar pregnancy but I have had two losses in a row and then went on to have a completely healthy pregnancy.
I had a 12wk loss that I miscarried naturally and then a 20wk stillbirth that I ended up having to be induced with.
I became pregnant only 6wks after my 20wk loss and went on to have an uncomplicated pregnancy and birth. Actually we've had two uncomplicated pregnancies and births since our losses. There is hope!

mom to 5 boys and expecting a GIRL in January.
Melissa Laurel Fiber Artist
Ravelry profile: melissalaurel
melissalaurel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 07:14 AM   #4
stayinhomewithmy6
Registered Users
Formerly: stayinhomewithmy5
seller

My Mood:

Thank you both for your encouragement! It's good to know that I'm not the only one in this boat. Melissalaurel - I can't imagine what it would be like to lose a baby at 20 wks Even though you've had 2 successful pregnancies since then, my heart still goes out to you. I'm really hoping that my doc will let us TTC in June, but I keep telling myself that even if we have to wait until July, it's only 1 more month! This year has been so long, but at the same time it has flown by, kwim? I already bought some OPs and some PTs, though, so when it's time to TTC, I'll be all ready!
stayinhomewithmy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 09:42 AM   #5
zonapellucida
Registered Users
seller

Location: Diligently working on getting out of the hellish state of FL
My Mood:

I just wanted to give you hugs (((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))
Old 04-16-2007, 02:20 PM   #6
turtle2who
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had 2 early m/c- the first at 7.5 weeks and the second at 9.5 weeks which resluted in a d&c. We were given the ok to try again in Feb but haven't had luck getting pg. My cycles seem back to normal- 28 days- but I don't feel like I am o'ing. Got some tests to try this cycle. Just finished AF and it was only like 3 days! ?? Wierd stuff going on here.

On the one hand I am very anxious to keep trying and hopefully get pg. But on the other hand I am a little hesitant because I worry that I will m/c again and then have to wait 3 mos. again and this will just keep happening! It is nice to hear everyone's success after multiple m/c stories!

Good luck to you mama!