Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-15-2007, 08:31 AM   #1
bluebonnet
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
mid-cycle spotting?

Okay...so the miscarriage started on Feb 26th, I had my period on April 2nd and it lasted the normal length of time. It was heavier than normal, but still within the range of normal for me.

Now, on CD 12, I had the faintest of spotting, and I'm still spotting on CD 14. Is this normal for cycles after a miscarriage? I am/was hoping that I was getting ready to O and that it is just my cervix opening some or getting soft. I've never had mid cycle spotting that I know of. (I don't have a long history of cycles w/o hormonal BC because I have been on BC to stabilize my Endo)

So...normal? Not normal and should call the doc?

TIA!!

Advertisement

Old 04-16-2007, 12:27 PM   #2
bluebonnet
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: mid-cycle spotting?

Old 04-16-2007, 12:38 PM   #3
bradleymama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This same thing happened to me, on my 2nd cycle after miscarriage. I had slightly more than spotting, but less than a period bleeding for about 2 days. I was super concerned, but then it subsided. I did some reading, and found out you can have some light bleeding while you are ovulating. My doctor speculated, that is probably what it was. I'd never had that before in my life, so I was worried, but so far, things are going okay. Call your doctor if it would help, but I think its likely they would say all is "normal" (I hate that word!). Good luck
bradleymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 01:04 PM   #4
For The Love Of Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: tmolly
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have had blood-tinged cm around O time. My personal experience is also that my body has super duper ovulations with lots of pelvic pain for a couple cycles after m/c. I think it's my hormones actually working for once, I have pcos.
For The Love Of Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:52 PM   #5
rowynne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sounds normal to me too. I sometimes have mid-cycle spotting around Ovulation & I think its more common if you've had a recent m/c since your cervix has been dilated recently & could still be healing. Heck, now I even spot during my pregnancies.
rowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 08:46 PM   #6
fkonkal
Registered Users

My Mood:

You could be having what is called 'break through' bleeding. Sometimes women have some shedding of endometrial tissue (blood) at ovulation. It could mean that you have already in fact ovulated, or that your body is working itself up to ovulation. This was addressed in the fertility awareness course that I took, but I have to admit that I don't remember much because I've never had it. I'll have to find my text book and get back to you.

You could also try finding a teaching couple with www.ccli.org in your area and ask them. They can be very helpful.
fkonkal is offline   Reply With Quote