Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-17-2007, 01:13 AM   #11
tarah1218
Registered Users
seller

Re: Maternity Clothes ALREADY?!?!

I started wearing maternity pants around 8.5-9 weeks. It was bloating though, the bloating has gone down since than and I can wear my regular pants again without them being to uncomfy. I wouldn't worry about it, if it bothers you to have your waist band on your tummy or its tight get out those maternity pants so you can be comfy.

Advertisement

Old 04-17-2007, 02:30 AM   #12
keelykellen&kiera
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With DS I was in maternity pants at 9 weeks. No weight gained, but I popped out fast. Could have been because I'd had an 11 pounder via c/s 13 months earlier .

Different pregnancies "wear" different, even on the same person. With Kiera I stayed in regular pants til 13 weeks (I was determined NOT to be in maternity in the first trimester).

Good luck mama!
keelykellen&kiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:28 AM   #13
Being Molded
Registered Users
seller

LOL! I'm with ya momma! This is baby number 4 for me and the one constant in my pregnancies is that 1) I show early and 2) I get BIG!

I am about 9.5 weeks now and definitely have a pooch! My other girls commented first, and then the other night dh said something about my developing belly! LOL! I'm most definitley into elastic waists at this point and have been for at least a week

I'm the older half of Adventure Knits, and Mama to our newest AK knitter, Paige!
Being Molded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:37 AM   #14
mommabug42006
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox View Post
i started wearing mat pants at almost 9 weeks too, i was thinking maybe i had more than 1 in there because i didnt show this early with my others, but my u/s showed only 1..lol
goodluck and are you buying more maternity clothes?

I sew mine as I am a big momma and I don't like to pay the high $$ for them. Plus I am kinds messy (stain my clothes alot lol) and with my YDD I really only have pants and l/s shirts and that is NOT happening being pg is the HOTTEST months down here!
Old 04-17-2007, 08:38 AM   #15
akrab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I popped out quick wiht my 4th and my 5th pregnancies... with my 5th pregnancy I was always asked if I was having twins or would get the *how many are in there* comments because I was so big so early! I am wondering if it will be the same way with this pregnancy! I have no maternity clothes this time around as I thought I was done LOL so I hope I don't pop out too soon!

As for the mulitples in later pregnancies? My mom had 7 children, I was the 7th child and she was 38 when she had me... she had no twins. I will be 37 when this, my 6th baby is born... I doubt I am having twins
Old 04-17-2007, 09:12 AM   #16
ZooCrew10
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Don't feel bad mama, I'm just over 10 weeks and look like I'm six months. This is my sixth pg as well. I think our bodies are just programmed now to pregnancy, lol!
ZooCrew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:49 AM   #17
Hitchkids
Registered Users

With number 6 I got rather big quickly and just kept getting bigger. But now with number 7, total opposite. So you can never tell. But it is kind of nice to not be so huge this time. That was really rather annoying.
Hitchkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 10:06 AM   #18
togg_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabug42006 View Post
I am 8 weeks and 5 days pregnant and my pants don't fit I haven't gained any weight but this is my 6th pregnancy. OH well guess I better start on those maternity clothes sooner then later! Anyone else had to graduate to Maternity Wear early?
If I could last that long with my SEVENTH pregnancy, I'd be seriously happy, but alas, I have hit maternity clothes right about the time I got the positive test!
togg_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 10:16 AM   #19
ChurchPunkMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I always wear maternity early, but I'm a pretty small person, so baby has nowhere to go but OUT!

Once you are on your fourth or fifth pregnancy, your chances of twins quadruples. The average mom (no other factors to increase chances) has a 3% chance, so for your fourth or more pregnancy your chances jump to 12%. Still not super high, but higher. Of course other things to factor in are heredity, maternal age, fertility drugs..
ChurchPunkMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 12:49 PM   #20
babydogs3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm 11 weeks and I had to start wearing maternity clothes around 8 weeks. I've always been very thin so I gained weight quickly. However now with my morning sickness being so bad I've lost weight. I mostly just wear sweats when I'm around the house since they are the most comfy thing for me to wear.