Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-21-2010, 09:46 AM   #1
TyAndCheyMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Moving to East Houston!

My husbands job called him out of "lay off" and we are headed to Houston on Saturday.
We will be just east of 610 and just North of I-10.
Are there any mamas in the area? How are the hospitals? And what kind of fun things are there to do??

Advertisement

TyAndCheyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:10 PM   #2
heavenlyblessedmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Moving to East Houston!

Hi =) I'm new to the area myself.... so not real sure where that is at.... if you want to pull up mapquest or something to see how far you'd be from me... I'm in Pasadena.
Teresa, Married To My High School Sweetheart, Dustin, Since May 30, 2007. Mother To Philip Kael, Born February 12, 2008, Marshall Conner, Born February 12, 2009, Hunter Andrew, Born March 7, 2010, Warrick Devlin, Born February 7, 2012, & Elizabeth Lorelei born May 27, 2013
heavenlyblessedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:57 AM   #3
samsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

OMG!!! I'm in Baytown!!! It's so neat to have other mamas close by!!!
samsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:57 PM   #4
TyAndCheyMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am only about 7 miles from Pasadena and 15 miles from Baytown!!
TyAndCheyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:02 PM   #5
AggieMoma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We live in Sheldon/Channelview area. As far as hospitals go DH says (and I qoute): "Do not pass go, do not collect $200, go straight to downtown". DH has always told me that if something happens to the kids take them to Childrens, if we cant make it, stop and get them stabilized and then have them transfered asap.

From personal experience, DS2 fell off of our island countertop when he was 5 months old. One of his pupils was blown so we were going to bring him in to be checked out, I couldnt keep him awake on the drive in so we stopped at a fire station and the emts brought him to LBJ Hospital. The er doc there was an arrogant jerk, he didnt want to do any testing or anything. The nuerologist (who happened to have a 4 month old at home) said she wanted a scan done, and it turned out he did have a small bruise on the brain. Meanwhile every nurse in the place is trying (unsuccessfully) to get an IV started on my little guy, they end up blowing viens in his arms and feet before I finally said enough. We ended up being transfered to Hermann and had to stay overnight for observation.

It's great to see some mamas close by, my little ones could use a playdate (I could too)!
AggieMoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:31 AM   #6
heavenlyblessedmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm totally up for getting together with anyone nearby, feel free to send me a PM =)
Teresa, Married To My High School Sweetheart, Dustin, Since May 30, 2007. Mother To Philip Kael, Born February 12, 2008, Marshall Conner, Born February 12, 2009, Hunter Andrew, Born March 7, 2010, Warrick Devlin, Born February 7, 2012, & Elizabeth Lorelei born May 27, 2013
heavenlyblessedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:09 PM   #7
samsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I totally agree with the mama that recommended Children's. They are amazing!!! I have luckily never had to use them, but I have been to other hospitals and they are not so nice. I didn't even deliver at the one here in town, San Jacinto Methodist. Houston has an AMAZING children's museum and zoo. They offer free days so you can try it out for free, minus gas money.
samsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:22 AM   #8
MammaBearsDen
Registered Users

My Mood:

I want to get a cloth diapering group set up for the area. I'm in Katy (grew up in katy and baytown areas), but we could do it out in houston to make it more accessible to all the mom's in the houston area. Message me or even just leave a message on here if you're interested. I would love to actually start up an RDA group out here.

I'm always open to questions and discussion if anyone needs any help or just someone to relate to feel free to contact me any time.
MammaBearsDen is offline   Reply With Quote