Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-03-2010, 02:43 PM   #41
Janine
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Baby Leash?

I see no problem with them. I never understood why some people get all bent out of shape over it. I can tell my daughter not to bolt till I'm blue in the face, but kids do what kids do. Her safety is my priority and if something like a monkey backpack "leash" allows me to ensure her safety without causing her any harm whatsoever, then I'm all for it. Places like airports are so crowded and can be dangerous for little ones. I wouldn't think twice about any parent using one of these.

Advertisement

Old 03-03-2010, 02:51 PM   #42
z2akids
Registered Users
seller

DH and I considered one when we had our second, but never got one. Our kids either sit in a stroller, hold hands, ride in a pack or on daddy's shoulders.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:12 PM   #43
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by megk23 View Post
I'd much rather get nasty looks from random people at an airport than end up on TV crying because my kid got lost at an airport. Anything can happen in just a couple seconds where you think DH is watching him, but he thinks youa re and you both look for something in a bag and poof.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post

If people don't like me using it or think it's disgusting, they don't have to look and thankfully it's not their kids

We love it!

Your ds is so cute!
I have a monkey, we bought it when ds1 was a toddler and use it at our county fair and anyplace else where there are crowds.
I hear people talk badly about them and all, I'd love for someone to come up to me with that attitude and open there trap about the harness though.
I think they would really freak out if they chose to say something stupid to me, I am not one who takes things lightly and I would be all up in their face. I am protective of my children and am ready to attack if anyone comes in my circle of protecting my kids and has something negative to say.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:31 PM   #44
mom2LBJ
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janine View Post
I see no problem with them. I never understood why some people get all bent out of shape over it. I can tell my daughter not to bolt till I'm blue in the face, but kids do what kids do. Her safety is my priority and if something like a monkey backpack "leash" allows me to ensure her safety without causing her any harm whatsoever, then I'm all for it. Places like airports are so crowded and can be dangerous for little ones. I wouldn't think twice about any parent using one of these.
exactly. There were a few other threads about these awhile back. Id rather my kiddo get exercise and walk around in a crowded place safely than be restrained in a car seat/stroller all day long. Have you ever tried holding your arm up for long periods of time? yeah, it isn't comfortable and I wouldn't force my child to do it while holding hands with an adult either. To go from car, to stroller/carrier, to plane, to stroller/carrier, to car, is torture to me.
mom2LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 05:02 PM   #45
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox View Post

Your ds is so cute!
I have a monkey, we bought it when ds1 was a toddler and use it at our county fair and anyplace else where there are crowds.
I hear people talk badly about them and all, I'd love for someone to come up to me with that attitude and open there trap about the harness though.
I think they would really freak out if they chose to say something stupid to me, I am not one who takes things lightly and I would be all up in their face. I am protective of my children and am ready to attack if anyone comes in my circle of protecting my kids and has something negative to say.
Thank you!
Old 03-03-2010, 05:05 PM   #46
happymarriedwkids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my mom used one with us she had four swore i would never do that to MY KIDS yeah well, while traveling with four by myself to cali half way cross country- i did they were fine- just would not let older sibling hold the other end-lol like my mom did but with a crowd full of people it makes it safer to hold one and they can still walk
ages at time of leash just under two and almost three
plus 9 and 6 year old
happymarriedwkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 05:15 PM   #47
mommy2my2babies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have the monkey and IMO its one of the BEST things that we have bought! DS (he will be 3 in June) refuses to ride in a cart, stroller, or be carried. He is very independent and wants to walk/run everywhere. He really likes monkeys and thinks its so cool to have his monkey on his back. We didnt have one with dd but she didnt mind sitting still while we were in stores or crowds. We now have to monkeys. We keep one in each car!
mommy2my2babies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 05:15 PM   #48
MamaNae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I LOVE mine. It was the best $14 I've ever spent in my life. I got the animal backpack style from Wal-Mart. It is adorable, DS LOVES it. We've used it at a festival here in town and at Adventureland. It's awesome. I've NEVER gotten a negative response (IRL) to it...I have had a dozen or so people ask where I got it and marvel over it. I don't use it with DS1 anymore (he's 5) but when we go to the festival in town this year I'll use it with DD (it is too crowded to mess with a stroller, DS1 will be okay, DS2 will go in the sling/ergo)
Renae. Helpmeet to my hottie hubby, Josh. Devoted Mama to my Wolf scout-bookworm-sports-a-holic James (7), my Daisy Scout Princess Aldria (5) and my 2 year old Tornado Emmett and [COLOR="Magenta"] and my tiny squish Cora Paige! (May 2013)

Last edited by MamaNae; 03-03-2010 at 05:17 PM.
MamaNae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:43 PM   #49
myblessedbaby
Registered
seller

I don't see a problem with it. Though I just prefer to wear my kiddos in a comfy carrier However, if we end up with 3 kids, my oldest will probably end up with the backpack leash while DH and I wear the other two
Old 03-03-2010, 08:55 PM   #50
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janine View Post

We have one. I haven't used it in a long time for my older son and my twins are mostly in the stroller since there are 2 of them. But, I would totally use it again if I needed it.

I also used it as a teaching technique for my older son. I had my twins when he was 26 months. So, I had to teach him to stay with us since I didn't have a triple stroller. When he was maybe 2.5 or so, I would put the harness part around him and leave off the leash part. He was allowed to walk next to the stroller, holding on most of the time, with me without being hooked up to the "leash", but if he wondered (or bolted) off, he then had to be hooked to the leash. He learned fast to stay close. Worked wonderfully.