Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-18-2007, 07:07 AM   #1
eyelashes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Why does my EBF baby have peanut butter poop?

Sorry for the . I'm not sure where this goes - but I figured parenting was a safe bet. Anyway, the title says it all. My boy is 3.5 months old and exclusively breastfed. This morning I changed his diaper and he had weird poop, the consistency of peanut butter or even stickier/more solid. It has always been normal, runny, bf poop before. Is this normal? Did someone sneak him solids while I was in the bathroom? Could the dose of baby tylenol I gave him have anything to do with it? Just thought it was strange.

Advertisement

Old 04-18-2007, 07:36 AM   #2
geckoed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Why does my EBF baby have peanut butter poop?

my EBF baby has extra crunch peanut butter poop. Its stinkier than most EBF baby poop too.
My doc said it's because I have a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance. Its also common right after a growth spurt or illness- anything that tweaks the supply for a few days. With extra foremilk some babies make extra poop (often green and frothy) but some babies just turn that into pee, and then since they are getting less hindmilk it just takes a little longer to accumulate enough to bother pooping it out and by then its more solid. So it will probably resolve in a few days (mine won't, but I'm an oddball with strange nursing issues so most of my experience is unique)
Old 04-18-2007, 08:11 AM   #3
eyelashes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Why does my EBF baby have peanut butter poop?

Oh wow, thanks for the info! That makes sense actually with what's been going on. He has been peeing a TON. This all started when he started sleeping through the night. I might need to start waking him up and feeding him. Hmm... I hope it resolves soon. Thanks again!