Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-04-2010, 01:53 PM   #11
fluffybutt
Banned

My Mood:
Re: family doctor vs pediatrician

I think my DR knew I wasn't vaxing and was cool w/ it when she said "I'll go get his shots" and I was like, "we won't be needing those today.." and she said "okay" and finished his check up.

I like family DR's for healthy babies because they know the whole family.

Advertisement

fluffybutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:42 AM   #12
crunch!910
Registered Users

I called his first ped (and others) and asked if they would see him. So far only the ped's nurse (the one he's already seen) came back and said yes, I'd just need to sign the AAP form. I've already got MY Own written up. Identical format for the most part, but I switched it up, removed the part about I'm endangering my child and others, and added that I am aware of dangers of vaccines (instead of danger of not vaccinating). I wonder if she'll accept that, because I won't sign the AAP form without crossign LOTS of things off and writing things in.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:11 AM   #13
cassieJJ
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910 View Post
I called his first ped (and others) and asked if they would see him. So far only the ped's nurse (the one he's already seen) came back and said yes, I'd just need to sign the AAP form. I've already got MY Own written up. Identical format for the most part, but I switched it up, removed the part about I'm endangering my child and others, and added that I am aware of dangers of vaccines (instead of danger of not vaccinating). I wonder if she'll accept that, because I won't sign the AAP form without crossign LOTS of things off and writing things in.
Can you see another doctor? I don't know about in your state, but we have not been required to sign something. To my knowledge we would only need to sign a paper if we were to enroll our kiddos in public school.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:44 AM   #14
crunch!910
Registered Users

Well, if she refuses to accept OUR form, or refuses to allow me to edit/cross out/add in things on the AAP form, we'll just go our separate way. Either look for another ped, or go to a family doctor I have been told is supportive of non-vax.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:50 PM   #15
lovemy3girls
Registered Users

My Mood:

My girls see a Pediatrician. He is a DAN! Dr as well as supports me in not vaxing my girls. Both my girls were born at the hospital due to my pregnancy being high risk. They never once went to the nursery (policy says they should have!) or left my side. They did NOT get any of the standard NB procedures done. (PKU, eye meds, ect) They were weighed and not bathed at my request. My Pedi is wonderful and supports whatever decisions I make in raising my children. (We did PKU at an office appt with him) Very PRO BFing and really will make you not want to see him if you don't. Even supports me CDing Gotta love him

My girls were 4lbs and 5lbs and went home with me! They were actually discharged before me. As my DD's Pedi says a "hospital is for sick people."

Believe me I did my research and he is OOAK! I wish there were a few more of him to go around
lovemy3girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:20 PM   #16
gimberly
Registered Users

We grew up with the best Ped. EVER, but she retired and now we go to a GP. He has 12 kids, so I figure he's got some experience with kids He's for some vax, but doesn't push it and lets you do your own schedule (DD is 9 mo and has only had 1 set of shots). I'd say look around. It's annoying, but once you find one, they're worth their weight in gold!