Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-29-2009, 02:28 AM   #1
mlb1545
Registered Users

Question Question for European Mamas!

Ok I am new to Europe(2-3 months) and mostly new to DS (member for a few months but with move going on not much time to invest here) so I am now settling in with it all. I have my collection already but am looking to do some rearranging in it. I would like to buy some new things but adjusting to a budget in germany or any european country from america is a bit strenuous so needless to say I need to move somethings out to make room and money to move things in. I have some diapers and cloths from my son (8 months) and daughter (3 1/2). Would any moms be interested if I choose to sell or would it just be a waste of time to list to sell here. I am not sure what my husband will want to do. If he wants me to sell or not but if I am going to convince him to sell things so I can replace things he is going to have to know others are interested. So if you think you would be interested if I do decide to sell please let me know... I have some cloths and maybe shoes from the both of them, I have a few small aristocrats wool covers, aristocrats tie nappies, some wet bags, bum genius 3.0s, one kissaluvs size 1 fitted and maybe some more that I want to sell. I am not saying I will sell but if there is interest I am willing to convince husband into selling. Thanks!

Advertisement

mlb1545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:48 AM   #2
Ami in Deutschland
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Question for European Mamas!

There hasn't been a lot of traffic on International lately, but some mamas have done their FSOT listings here. That said, you may have more success selling the clothes at a local flea market or children's clothing sale (often sponsored by Kindergartens or churches). I'm guilty of hording, but there is a great second hand shop here I intend to take things eventually. I never sell on DS, but I wasn't aware of an exclusivity clause. Read up on the rules, but unless you have to sell here if you list here, I don't see a reason not to try.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:24 AM   #3
HadassahSukkot
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

^^ditto

HadassahSukkot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:29 AM   #4
suzannesaphone
Registered Users

it's certainly worth a try. I can tell you that I might be interested in a few of your things...I'm still just trying to figure out what I want, though (pregnant with first).
suzannesaphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 01:15 AM   #5
Trauem Was Schoenes
Registered Users

My Mood:

I would definitely be interested- are you in Germany?, as I am and shipping here isn't expensive. However I am only interested in stuff that is in really good condition, since this is our first I want to be able to get a lot of wear out of it.

We're having a boy so I also am only interested in "boy" stuff. However I know for a fact that small aristocrats wool covers, BG 3.0s are on my list, so I would definitely buy them if they were in good condition and the price was OK

Good luck on whatever you decide and the transition. Make sure to go to the Christmas Markets when they open- it is impossible to not be in a good mood at them
Old 02-28-2010, 03:00 PM   #6
Whispers from Spain
Registered Users

I'm from spain but living in Denmark and have lived in Germany before. Europeans are used to second hand markets. I bought lots of used cloth diapers (great way to try different brands and models) and lots of other items. In Skandinavien it could even be called a hobby and something to brag about, when you find something cool at at good price. Don't feel bad and go ahead and sell your stuff. I can see, you posted this for few months ago, I hope you are all well settled in Europe!
Whispers from Spain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 04:54 AM   #7
niaso
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispers from Spain View Post
I'm from spain but living in Denmark and have lived in Germany before. Europeans are used to second hand markets. I bought lots of used cloth diapers (great way to try different brands and models) and lots of other items. In Skandinavien it could even be called a hobby and something to brag about, when you find something cool at at good price. Don't feel bad and go ahead and sell your stuff. I can see, you posted this for few months ago, I hope you are all well settled in Europe!
Hola!!!
I am Spanish but of course I will write you in English.
I was looking for waterproof or ski clothes for my children ( 4/8years old) and I have found this page by chance. How nice!!!
I am living in Barcelona and by this season I cannot find many things an also, what I am finding is too expensive. I have thought I could find something Good & Cheap, shopping online in a “cold country”. I have found some things in UK, but pound is too expensive.
We just want to go to “play with the snow”. We will use this type of cloth 2 or 3 times in a year or less. The youngest has not see snow yet...but this year we will like to go by Eastern.
From next year, all schools in Catalunya will have a “special white week holidays” so I would like to find something which could be used also next year.
Could you please recommend me any address in Scandinavia??
Do you think is a good idea to buy “second hand clothes “ in Scandinavia by internet???
niaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:59 AM   #8
tiffanybrooklyn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You can check the collection of FSOT forums here on Diaperswappers for snow clothes! BOL!