Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-07-2010, 01:54 PM   #1
MommaFinds
Registered Users

My Mood:
Easter Ideas? (Christian)

Just wondering if any of you out there have traditions other than Easter eggs/bunny? I have come up with something of an Easter "Countdown Calendar" (like Christmas Advent calendars) that I will be posting the instructions/devotionals to within the next week or so. If anyone else has some unique ideas, I'd love to hear them either on my blog: christcenteredholidays.blogspot.com, or my Facebook page (search for Christ centered holidays). You can also find the details for the calendar there.
Thanks!

Advertisement

MommaFinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 06:51 PM   #2
Ashlovespat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Easter Ideas? (Christian)

Last year, both at our church egg hunt and at our Pastor's house on Easter, they did an egg hunt. And some eggs had the tradition candy or whatever in them, but there were also some that had a trinket or saying, and each one meant something in the Easter story about Christ. You can find sets online, and more about them...I don't remember exactly, but it was pretty neat. They go in an order and whoever had each step had to stand up and read what it said or say what trinket they had and then they told what it meant.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:01 PM   #3
wooly_wonderful
Registered Users
Formerly: lxl***ca
seller

My Mood:
Re: Easter Ideas? (Christian)

Great thread! Se just adopted our older 2 in November. Yesterday they told me about how they will be getting baskets full of candy for Easter. I asked them what Easter was about and they both said eggs and candy I have been thinking about how to teach them what Easter is really about and your thread will help me! So far we have decided that they will get baskets, but they will have a few WAHM things and probably a Bible or something special and Christian based.

Last edited by wooly_wonderful; 03-07-2010 at 07:03 PM.
wooly_wonderful is offline   Reply With Quote